Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about note 4 on the last Sims4 update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions about note 4 on the last Sims4 update. [SOLVED] Empty Questions about note 4 on the last Sims4 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 19:15

Hi everyone,

I just finished all of the 18 steps and now have the full game. However, since installing the last two steps (My first pet and update version, I don't know which one led to the problem) I get the message that I need to run Origin to play the game.

Could it have something to do with note 4 in the installation guide? My game isn't installed on a C-drive. I tried to do the thing they said on note 4 (If you have your game installed on a non-C: drive, you may also need to change the registry entries 
to accomodate the particular hard-drive the game is installed in. Press the Windows key + R. Type "regedit"
in the small window, and hit Enter. Now edit the drive letter under "GDFBinary"and "InstallDir", here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4), but I can't even find the Maxis map.

Any help?

Back to top Go down

Questions about note 4 on the last Sims4 update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Questions about note 4 on the last Sims4 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 19:26

Most probably your anti-virus deleted or diabled the file Orangemu.dll in Game\Bin.
The Maxis folder can be found in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> WOW6432Node ->Maxis ->The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Questions about note 4 on the last Sims4 update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Questions about note 4 on the last Sims4 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 19:51

Thanks, it worked!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top