Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to have 2 seperate saved games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it possible to have 2 seperate saved games? Empty Is it possible to have 2 seperate saved games?

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 12:37

I have a sim family that ive been playing for a long time. Now i wanna start a new family BUT i do not want my previous family age up or go through another progress.

Is it possible to have 2 different games that will not have any effect on each other? So i can go back to my old family when im bored and start playing where i left them?

If its possible, how can i do it?

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to have 2 seperate saved games? Empty Re: Is it possible to have 2 seperate saved games?

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 13:28

In your game, there is a setting where you can disable aging up, I think you can play two saves, just give them proper names when saving. ( save as )Then you can always load those games from the main menu, load saved Game should all be listed there with thumbnail of saved family. suggest you try it out first.

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to have 2 seperate saved games? Empty Re: Is it possible to have 2 seperate saved games?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Jun 2018, 15:37

pcdaly wrote:I have a sim family that ive been playing for a long time. Now i wanna start a new family BUT i do not want my previous family age up or go through another progress.

You should also be able to save the family in the "Library" as well, and you can place them in the world later on again. Not sure if that is an option you had in mind, but it was something I just thought of.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 16:54

If you save the family in Library, you will loose all progress you made in game and basically start from scratch. I don't think this is what you want?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Jun 2018, 17:05

OK, then the safest method is that you go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and rename the subfolder saves to saves_(insert family name)

Next time you start up the game, a fresh folder will be created, and you can play with a new save.

The awkward thing now is, you have to rename these folders back-and-forth, everytime you want to "switch"...is it worth it? But that would be the technically safest method in my opinion.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top