Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the best Sims 2 version to install in a modern computer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's the best Sims 2 version to install in a modern computer? Empty What's the best Sims 2 version to install in a modern computer?

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 13:32

So I have the Sims 2 and different expansion packs in different DVDs or CD-Roms. I also have the Origin version. So technically I don't "need" to pirate the game.

But I simply want the best performance and the minimum bugs. I think I'd be better skipping the CD Roms part as there are some packs I don't own. But I had problems before with the Origin version... very long loading screens, visual bugs and crashes and some people claimed it comes wtih an awful DRM software that affects its performance. Long ago i also installed a pirate version that didn't work well....

So i was wondering, would the Sims 2 from Games 4 the World work better than the Origin version? or whjat do you recommend me to do to play without problems? My PC is modern and decent (Windows 10, Ryzen 5, GTX 1060, 16 GB RAM, SSD+HDD).

Back to top Go down

What's the best Sims 2 version to install in a modern computer? Empty Re: What's the best Sims 2 version to install in a modern computer?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Jun 2018, 15:02

Enric wrote:So I have the Sims 2 and different expansion packs in different DVDs or CD-Roms. I also have the Origin version. So technically I don't "need" to pirate the game.

But I simply want the best performance and the minimum bugs. I think I'd be better skipping the CD Roms part as there are some packs I don't own. But I had problems before with the Origin version... very long loading screens, visual bugs and crashes and some people claimed it comes wtih an awful DRM software that affects its performance. Long ago i also installed a pirate version that didn't work well....

So i was wondering, would the Sims 2 from Games 4 the World work better than the Origin version? or whjat do you recommend me to do to play without problems? My PC is modern and decent (Windows 10, Ryzen 5, GTX 1060, 16 GB RAM, SSD+HDD).

Note that in the meantime we have released a "newer" repack of The Sims 2:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33221-the-sims-2-origin-ultimate-collection-out-now

This one is based on the Origin-installation. The pack has the advantage that you can play completely without Origin, and that it is based on the latest update on TS2 (which removed the SecuROM due to problems with Windows 10).

It would probably be easier if you sticked with your Origin-version...in which case you don't need to re-download the G4TW version. But there are still issues with the Origin version:

- non-English text strings may be bugged
- if you use CCleaner or similar tools, they tend to pick up the registry entries of TS2 and delete them, causing you to repair the game each time it happens, or at least re-import the registry entries
- you MUST log into Origin to be able to play the game (unless you use a NoCD-file)
- maybe some other minor things I can't think of right now

The newest G4TW repack also includes small tools and fixes which address these issues, plus of course a NoCD-file allowing you to bypass Origin completely.

Up to you, which way you want to go.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

What's the best Sims 2 version to install in a modern computer? Empty Re: What's the best Sims 2 version to install in a modern computer?

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 02:24

Thank you.

I didn't know about those updates. I downloaded this games 4 the version. I'm giving it to my brother and maybe I can install the Origin version for myself I guess.

Once installed, should I use Graphics Rulers in both versions? both Origin and Games 4 the world one to make it work better? Any other trick?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Jun 2018, 16:11

Enric wrote:Thank you.

I didn't know about those updates. I downloaded this games 4 the version. I'm giving it to my brother and maybe I can install the Origin version for myself I guess.

Once installed, should I use Graphics Rulers in both versions? both Origin and Games 4 the world one to make it work better? Any other trick?

Yes, regardless of whether you download it through Origin, or G4TW's "The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection", you should use the Graphics Rules Maker (once).

This tool is also includes in G4TW's torrent, under the subfolder # Extras. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top