Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible action queue/game lag

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Horrible action queue/game lag Empty Horrible action queue/game lag

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 00:49

Not necessarily looking for an actual fix, just came to vent. 
Ever since downloading seasons, my game has lagged so badly. When placing floor tiles, it lags so bad it feels like it's going to crash. 
And just recently my sims have been freezing during their actions. The Debug cheats doesn't work, and the only things that sometimes work are pausing it, or hitting M and coming back. 
Even then, it only works for a few seconds then freezes again. It's very disappointing. I can't even enjoy the game. 
I have gone through every single on my of mods (which was a painstaking process) and all of them are  fine and aren't causing issues. 
I have always played on the highest settings with no lag whatsoever until I installed seasons.

Even after installing the newest patch that is supposed to fix some of the issues, it hasn't helped at all. 

I hope they'll fix issues soon. Anyone else still experiencing it this bad after the newest update?

Mod edit: moved to "The Sims 4 in-game Support".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Horrible action queue/game lag Empty Re: Horrible action queue/game lag

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 11:51

With the installation of Seasons many mods are causing various problems.
Try this:
1. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims and rename it The Sims 4_old
2. Now start your game again. It's completely new as if you just started.

Still the same problems ?
If no, then mods are causing it
If yes, you can delete the new The Sims 4 folder and call The Sims 4_old back to The Sims 4 and you're back at your old file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 12:28

I'm having exactly the same problem and I've got no mods or CC so I'm assuming it's probably a bug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 16:45

Tarac wrote:With the installation of Seasons many mods are causing various problems.
Try this:
1. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims and rename it The Sims 4_old
2. Now start your game again. It's completely new as if you just started.

Still the same problems ?
If no, then mods are causing it
If yes, you can delete the new The Sims 4 folder and call The Sims 4_old back to The Sims 4 and you're back at your old file.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've already done this, tried deleting my mods etc. The problems still persist.

//EDIT

scottson wrote:I'm having exactly the same problem and I've got no mods or CC so I'm assuming it's probably a bug

Definitely has to be a bug. The insanely high amount of players experiencing the same issues that can't be fixed using all of these suggestions, definitely a bug.
Seasons/the patches wreaked havoc on so many peoples game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Jun 2018, 16:53

roflbecca wrote:Definitely has to be a bug. The insanely high amount of players experiencing the same issues that can't be fixed using all of these suggestions, definitely a bug.
Seasons/the patches wreaked havoc on so many peoples game.

Does it make a difference if you try using another one of the .exe's for running the game? So if you were running the TS4.exe, try running the game from the TS4_x64.exe. And - maybe - vice versa.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top