Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible lag. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Horrible lag. [SOLVED] Empty Horrible lag. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 03:51

so i reformatted my pc, all my drivers are up to date and im using overwatch and master controller with no luck at all. the lag is unplayable and i cant figure out whats going on ive spent hours of trying every fix i could find. id also like to mention that i tried to turn the graphics settings from maxed out to low and get the same issue

dxdiag:

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 30 Dec 2013, 01:43; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Horrible lag. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Horrible lag. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Dec 2013, 01:51

blazkowicz64 wrote:so i reformatted my pc, all my drivers are up to date and im using overwatch and master controller with no luck at all. the lag is unplayable and i cant figure out whats going on ive spent hours of trying every fix i could find. id also like to mention that i tried to turn the graphics settings from maxed out to low and get the same issue

dxdiag:

Hello,

Let's see; your system specs seem quite good. Are you using any other mods ? If so, remove all of them. Or try removing your whole "The Sims 3" folder; it's located in My documents/Electronic Arts.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out these small tips here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Also, are you playing on an old savegame ? If yes, does the same happen in a new save ?

Beyond that; I'm not sure what else can be done. Maybe I can think of something else later.

But let us know about your progress ! And please, next time, don't post your dxdiag stuff here anymore. Besides the system specs, it's totally useless for our purposes. I've edited your post and put it into a spoiler. Maybe if you're some sort of programmer or coder it might be useful, but certainly not for more 'practical' purposes, which is what we are trying to do. Wink

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 02:27

ill give over watch and register mod a chance. ive reformated my pc 2 times so no im not using old saved games.

//EDIT

i notice some slight preformance increase since the use of these mods but ive read sims 3 has problems with 64 bit systems. so it looks like sims 3 is using only 30% of my cpu and memory according to task manager

//EDIT

id also like to mention i own sims 3 base game plus all the expansions legally i bought them during the winter sale about a week ago. does the sims 3 ultimate fix work on non torrented versions that you guys have posted on your site?
new
so i have 16 gb of ram and tried that 4 gb patch idea but it shows sims 3 is using less then 25% of my available memory but there were no instructions on the page so i just kinda winged it could of done it wrong.

Last edited by blazkowicz64 on Sat 11 Jan 2014, 06:03; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jan 2014, 19:20

blazkowicz64 wrote:ill give over watch and register mod a chance. ive reformated my pc 2 times so no im not using old saved games.

//EDIT

i notice some slight preformance increase since the use of these mods but ive read sims 3 has problems with 64 bit systems. so it looks like sims 3 is using only 30% of my cpu and memory according to task manager

//EDIT

id also like to mention i own sims 3 base game plus all the expansions legally i bought them during the winter sale about a week ago. does the sims 3 ultimate fix work on non torrented versions that you guys have posted on your site?

Sorry for the late reply,

but please (!!), next time use the "edit"-button on your post for adding things, instead of multi-posting.

No, the Ultimate fix is certainly not the cause of your problems, also the thing with 64-bit isn't true either. Instead, try the steps from 2 - 3 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014-updated

When you're at step #3, download the "4 GB patch", and double-click on it afterwards. In the next window, choose the TS3W.exe in the base game location and wait for the file to be "patched". Close the patch then.

Re-start the game and see if there are any improvements.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2014, 12:19

my issues are resolved thank you for your time and patients

Helper Edit: That's good to know. Please let us know if you need further assistance!

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top