Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes after selecting family

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes after selecting family Empty Game crashes after selecting family

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 02:44

I just downloaded the update today. My issue is that every time I select a family to play it crashes. The same happened before I downloaded the new update for Seasons. Anything you can suggest? Help! :$ I is confused

Back to top Go down

Game crashes after selecting family Empty Re: Game crashes after selecting family

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 07:21

Try this and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Game crashes after selecting family Empty Re: Game crashes after selecting family

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 11:26

Danielle81 wrote:I just downloaded the update today. My issue is that every time I select a family to play it crashes. The same happened before I downloaded the new update for Seasons. Anything you can suggest? Help! :$ I is confused
Delete your existing folder Game from your install folder The Sims 4
Then re-copy the folder Game from the Seasons download to your install folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Jun 2018, 15:59

Danielle81 wrote:I just downloaded the update today. My issue is that every time I select a family to play it crashes. The same happened before I downloaded the new update for Seasons. Anything you can suggest? Help! :$ I is confused

In addition, when was the last time you downloaded/installed a Sims 4 udpate? Did you also make sure to download the other updates that came after the one, that you grabbed last time? See the guide here for the correct order of G4TW Sims 4 releases:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 02:21

so sorry for the late reply. I downloaded the most recent update...1-44-83-1020. I did as you said, removed the game folder and moved game folder from file and it still did the same thing. Not sure why it keeps shutting down when i select a family

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 02:28

Update: I am currently running the sims 4 validator. will post results when complete. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 04:58

HERE ARE MY RESULTS FROM THE SIMS 4 VALIDATOR......

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 07:20

Besides missing Jungle Adventure DLC everything should be fine... Go to "Documents\Electronic Arts", rename "The Sims 4" to "The Sims 4_", start the game, close it, copy "The Sims 4_\saves" to "The Sims 4\saves" and see if that works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 22:44

Ok thanks, I will try that. Btw, how do I add Jungle Adventure back into my game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 22:49

I made alternative installers for situations like this. Each DLC has separate installer so just download and install Jungle Adventure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 23:58

It didn't work Sad Sad Sad , I think maybe it's because of my CC. Not sure...I saw someone in another post say to update CC or something with S4S. I'm going to try that and see if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 04:27

I'm currently doing the same thing mine crashes and says it couldn't load the game error 102 etc I removed the Game folder, replaced it withe the one from Seasons. I have all the previous DLC's installed up to the First Pets and the updates afaik. Currently running your little tool. I have the most updated Wicked Whims and MCC.

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 06:04

Well, my issue is apparently something inside a folder with over 4500 .package files. I got the same error when I loaded that folder into my mods folder and everything else worked. I'll have to go through them a few at a time and figure out which one/multiples it is. Kill me now. Most of it is clothing/hairstyles so I have no idea what it could be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top