Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem after installing seasons and latest patch (Brindleton bay messed up, no season ui... etc)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem after installing seasons and latest patch (Brindleton bay messed up, no season ui... etc) Empty Problem after installing seasons and latest patch (Brindleton bay messed up, no season ui... etc)

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 06:08

Hello there anyone willing or knowledgeable enough to help,
      First I want to say thanks for the work you do, I appreciate it. Now I have some issues with seasons. I have the objects in build/buy and CAS for everything including season and the menu shows it is installed but, seasons do not work and the UI for weather and the calendar do not exist and neither are there the in-game options for forever summer but I know the weather works because the weather machine made it blizzard. I was unable to choose my starting season and now, when I go to brindleton bay it just stays white and I have to quit to main menu, this happened while I was moving in a sim I created. It's very frustrating for me because I had to recently reformat my pc and it took me a week from Monday to Friday (Today 7/5/2018) to download everything for the game on my internet, I usually use my unlimited data on my tablet and cell phone for everything because of that fact but, I made an exception for your sims 4 downloads. Like an idiot to save space and calm my slight OCD with my unorganized download folder I deleted all the folders and .rar files as I installed following the guide TO A T and I emptied my recycle bin.. I have been using G4TW releases since just about Get to work came out and this is the first problem I had outside of the peeing glitch from the base get together release that was sims 4 team's problem and not on anyone else's end so, I feel like I did something wrong or maybe, it's another glitch IDK.

Someone here on the forums (I forget who) made a validator to check your game folder against the official way it should work and I ran my game folder through it so, here is my
report:

- Amber

Back to top Go down

Problem after installing seasons and latest patch (Brindleton bay messed up, no season ui... etc) Empty Re: Problem after installing seasons and latest patch (Brindleton bay messed up, no season ui... etc)

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 06:52

Also, it shows the parenthood menu screen! Sorry for the reply to my own post without anything to reply to.

Back to top Go down

Problem after installing seasons and latest patch (Brindleton bay messed up, no season ui... etc) Empty Re: Problem after installing seasons and latest patch (Brindleton bay messed up, no season ui... etc)

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 10:37

That was me. Very Happy

Woah, that's a lot of unnecessary files. First of all open your game installation folder, search for "2017_10" and delete everything it finds.

If you ran validator again, "unknown files" should show up just those:
Code:
game/bin/core/winhttp.dll
game/bin/origins.ini
game/bin/rldorigin.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.ini
game/bin/rldorigin_ext.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64_ext.dll

Which means you've skipped one step from the guide - deleting/renaming "Game" folder. But it's okay, you can just delete files listed above.

But that's not all. Go to "Documents\Electronic Arts" and rename "The Sims 4" folder. Run the game, it will create a new one with no mods, no saves, etc. Test if it works. Then move saves from renamed folder to the new one. Test again, move CC/mods, test again. Calendar bug is mostly because of some mods. SimsVIP has a list of broken/updated mods, CC can be fixed with Sims 4 Studio.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 16:41

anadius1 wrote:That was me. Very Happy

Woah, that's a lot of unnecessary files. First of all open your game installation folder, search for "2017_10" and delete everything it finds.

If you ran validator again, "unknown files" should show up just those:
Code:
game/bin/core/winhttp.dll
game/bin/origins.ini
game/bin/rldorigin.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.ini
game/bin/rldorigin_ext.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64_ext.dll

Which means you've skipped one step from the guide - deleting/renaming "Game" folder. But it's okay, you can just delete files listed above.

But that's not all. Go to "Documents\Electronic Arts" and rename "The Sims 4" folder. Run the game, it will create a new one with no mods, no saves, etc. Test if it works. Then move saves from renamed folder to the new one. Test again, move CC/mods, test again. Calendar bug is mostly because of some mods. SimsVIP has a list of broken/updated mods, CC can be fixed with Sims 4 Studio.
Thank you so very very much,
   I prefer playing vanilla with no mods since I don't play families for long, I tend to play the game with a new family or sim each day I play lol ^_^' That seemed to have fixed everything!! I appreciate it! Maybe, this time I'll try playing a single save for more than a day! I was close to tears last night when I went to bed thinking it would be another week before I could play properly... The guide was slightly confusing for my brain because I couldn't really understand when it said "Skip this step if you want more DLC"  I guess I'm just a noob. I appreciate you! Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top