Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot run Sims 4 setup so cant install the game HELP PLEASE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Cannot run Sims 4 setup so cant install the game HELP PLEASE Empty Cannot run Sims 4 setup so cant install the game HELP PLEASE

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 22:51

Hi,

When i go to run The Sims 4 Setup.exe file i get this error that says the installation packaged could not be opened  

Any ideas why this has occurred , I have anti virus etc turned off 

Any help would be massively appreciated want to get the game installed and get playing !

silent install - Cannot run Sims 4 setup so cant install the game HELP PLEASE Sims_410

Back to top Go down

silent install - Cannot run Sims 4 setup so cant install the game HELP PLEASE Empty Re: Cannot run Sims 4 setup so cant install the game HELP PLEASE

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 22:55

Extract it all first.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Cannot run Sims 4 setup so cant install the game HELP PLEASE Empty Re: Cannot run Sims 4 setup so cant install the game HELP PLEASE

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 22:56

I have done that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 22:56

Basing on the screenshot you provided - no you have not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 22:59

where should i extract it too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 23:00

Anywhere you want. Can be to the same folder as downloaded .rar file. Extract all files from that archive and then run .exe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 23:04

Okay , i think it may also not be heloping that  i have a left over sims 4 folder from an install a long time ago with some game files but how should i remove them all properly ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 23:09

Go to add/remove programs. If it's there, uninstall it. If it's not, simply delete it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 23:12

okay thanks deleted the sims 4 folder as it was not in installed programs , now extracting the files , ill post if i get the error again

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top