Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am i supposed to dl the ea manager?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am i supposed to dl the ea manager? Empty Am i supposed to dl the ea manager?

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 02:09

Hi! I dled sims 3 from this website *THANKS<3* and i also watched the installation video. I ddnt see the installer asking if it wants to dl the ea manager so i pressunes that i wont get asked to. But now that i am done installing, it is asking if i want to dl the ea download manager. So should i dl or not? Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Am i supposed to dl the ea manager? Empty Re: Am i supposed to dl the ea manager?

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 05:14

Youngie wrote:Hi! I dled sims 3 from this website *THANKS<3* and i also watched the installation video. I ddnt see the installer asking if it wants to dl the ea manager so i pressunes that i wont get asked to. But now that i am done installing, it is asking if i want to dl the ea download manager. So should i dl or not? Thanks in advance!

I would say no (Mine never asked to download a Manager)

But you will need a manager to get auto updates and EA's new one is Origin. (I had it installed prier to installing the Sims 3 because of BF3)

Or you can use manual patches so you won't need any manage at all.

Back to top Go down

Am i supposed to dl the ea manager? Empty Re: Am i supposed to dl the ea manager?

Post by Admin Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:22

Hello,

Exactly, as TJ888 said, you do not need the EA Download Manager (Origin).
It's only used to update your game via EA's servers, which is only possible in combination with the Ultimate Fix.
Anyhow, why update via EA's servers and get errors like "Invalid File Found", if you can use the manual patch just fine, without any errors: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch ?

Hope this clears up! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top