Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is sims 3 supposed to be this big?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is sims 3 supposed to be this big? Empty Is sims 3 supposed to be this big?

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2016, 08:40

During installing the complete edition from the website, the game took up 400 gbs of my hdd. I have most of the dlcs installed and I'm still installing the rest (winrar is slow for some reason). The properties of the EA folder only says that it is taking under 50 gb of space. I is confused

Back to top Go down

Is sims 3 supposed to be this big? Empty Re: Is sims 3 supposed to be this big?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Jun 2016, 01:56

Brucedood wrote:During installing the complete edition from the website, the game took up 400 gbs of my hdd. I have most of the dlcs installed and I'm still installing the rest (winrar is slow for some reason). The properties of the EA folder only says that it is taking under 50 gb of space. I is confused

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @Brucedood,

No, the game does not take that much space. And WinRAR can be slow in your case for many reasons, such as your computer hardware being old(er), or the disk may be too fragmented, and maybe some other reasons too.

Check your Recycle Bin if there is anything to delete. Once you got all the DLC installed, try deleting the extracted folders, but do NOT delete the .RAR file of the Complete Collection itself. Good luck for now and keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:07

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Brucedood wrote:During installing the complete edition from the website, the game took up 400 gbs of my hdd. I have most of the dlcs installed and I'm still installing the rest (winrar is slow for some reason). The properties of the EA folder only says that it is taking under 50 gb of space. I is confused

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @Brucedood,

No, the game does not take that much space. And WinRAR can be slow in your case for many reasons, such as your computer hardware being old(er), or the disk may be too fragmented, and maybe some other reasons too.

Check your Recycle Bin if there is anything to delete. Once you got all the DLC installed, try deleting the extracted folders, but do NOT delete the .RAR file of the Complete Collection itself. Good luck for now and keep us posted !
Sorry but what do you mean by deleting the extracted folders? Like the folders in the .RAR file?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:24

Brucedood wrote:Sorry but what do you mean by deleting the extracted folders? Like the folders in the .RAR file?

How did you install the game...? Normally you have to open the .RAR with WinRAR, and then drag and drop the folders out of the .RAR. This "extraction" can take a while, and once done, you should start the installation from within the extracted folders, and NOT from the .RAR.

And once you are completely done with the installation, you can delete these extracted folders, to save filespace.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:47

Oh, I installed them in the .rar file. I guess that would have been wayyyy easier and couple hours faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:54

Also, if you are still low on filespace, try navigating to C:\Windows\Temp. Delete ALL files inside that "Temp"-folder, but not the folder itself. Then see how much - if any - filespace you can gather from this.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 13:12

Should have told you earlier, but I did a data wipe before installing sims 3 -not the os- so there isn't much in any folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 13:15

Going off topic, but how do you delete the WINDOWS.OLD file?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jun 2016, 09:50

Brucedood wrote:Going off topic, but how do you delete the WINDOWS.OLD file?

Just like any other file/folder...? However, the "Windows.old" folder contains the stuff from your previous Windows-installation. You might want to keep it for now, if there are files in there that you would like to use again. 

If you have more questions about that, please open a new thread in the section that is named "Software". Is your original problem about The Sims 3 solved now ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top