Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims complete collection - Ask for Makin' Magic CD1 to run.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims complete collection - Ask for Makin' Magic CD1 to run.[SOLVED] Empty The Sims complete collection - Ask for Makin' Magic CD1 to run.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 04:30

Hello
I downloaded The Sims Complete Collection and installed it correctly.

I've replaced it with the crack, and everything seems to be fine.

When I try to run the game, it starts to pop up a window named "Update" saying that it seems that I've installed another expansion pack after makin' magick and for it to work properly it will not update the installation.
Then I click OK and and then pops up back another one asking for the Makin Magic CD 1 to proceed. I click OK and it appears again and again and again. If i close it instead of "OK", it comes up again. The only way to close it is ending the process by the Task Manager.

Any idea what the cause is and/or how to fix it?

Thanks for the time!

Back to top Go down

The Sims complete collection - Ask for Makin' Magic CD1 to run.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims complete collection - Ask for Makin' Magic CD1 to run.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 06 Feb 2012, 09:49

Hello,
Can you show a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims complete collection - Ask for Makin' Magic CD1 to run.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims complete collection - Ask for Makin' Magic CD1 to run.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:30

Here it is in attachment

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Feb 2012, 15:37

Hello,

Did you (ever) install any other The Sims 3 game(s) before installing The Sims 1: The Complete Collection?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 16:00

no, not at all.

I had once the The Sims Complete Collection installed, but I formatted my PC after that, so this is the first time I am installing it on my PC.

Maybe if I download a The Sims Makin' Magic and run The Sims Complete Collection from it, it will work... Should I try it?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 06 Feb 2012, 16:04

Hello,
No I'm not sure that will work, I'm sure Admin has another suggestion, since we've seen this problem before.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 16:08

I'll wait for the answer then.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 06 Feb 2012, 16:12

Hello,
I'm looking for a similar topic now.

Edit: It looks like Admin fixed this using Teamviewer a number of times, no idea what he did though, so you may want to ask him about it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Feb 2012, 16:36

Disreality wrote:no, not at all.

I had once the The Sims Complete Collection installed, but I formatted my PC after that, so this is the first time I am installing it on my PC.

Maybe if I download a The Sims Makin' Magic and run The Sims Complete Collection from it, it will work... Should I try it?
Hello,

Hmm, Makin' Magic (and all other expansions) are already included with the download.
Try this please:

1. Completely uninstall the game using Your Uninstaller! Pro, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org .
2. Clean your PC and registry using www.ccleaner.com .
3. Restart your PC.
4. Reinstall the game, following exactly these instructions:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop. Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!

Awaiting the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 22:02

Nop. The problem persists :/

//EDIT

Here are the screenshots of the message boxes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Feb 2012, 22:11

Hello,

Ah, I see, you get the error during installation?

Re-read this part very carefully:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar,
like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened
the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop
them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the
.rar file and open the folder on your Desktop. Now, start by reading
the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get
the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 23:21

No lol.

The installation goes normally.

I open the 'start.exe' and follow the screen instructions. When a serial code is needed, use the following the one given in the Instructions. I choose "Register later" for the EA prompted window. I copy and paste the "Sims.exe" file to C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims to substitute the file that already exists.

Then I try to run the game, it starts to pop up a window named "Update" (1st screenshot I sent before). Then I click OK and and then pops up back another one asking for the Makin Magic CD 1 to proceed. I click OK and it appears again and again and again. If i close it instead of "OK", it comes up again. The only way to close it is ending the process by the Windows Task Manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 03:22

Admin wrote:Hello,

Did you (ever) install any other The Sims 3 game(s) before installing The Sims 1: The Complete Collection?
Im having the exact same problem, but I do have sims 3 installed. what do i do? :\

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 07 Feb 2012, 17:15

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum. I'll see what I can do for you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Feb 2012, 01:57

I fixed mine! I dunno what exactly fixed it tbh, but I uninstalled The Sims 3 ( was too heavy for my laptop anyway ) and edited the properties of the sims 1 to Run as Admin. and Compatibility to XP SP2. Now it works perfectly, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Feb 2012, 02:43

I'll try that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Feb 2012, 03:43

kati_v wrote:I fixed mine! I dunno what exactly fixed it tbh, but I uninstalled The Sims 3 ( was too heavy for my laptop anyway ) and edited the properties of the sims 1 to Run as Admin. and Compatibility to XP SP2. Now it works perfectly, thanks Smile

It works!
Like you said I edited the properties of TS1CC to Run as Administrator and Compatibility to XP (although I made it SP3 instead) The Sims Plumbob 1

You may close this post
At least this way we can play.

Cheers
thanks!
Mystery solved

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 08 Feb 2012, 09:31

Hello,
Good to hear its solved, we'll save this information in case we need it again.Happy simming to you both! The Sims Plumbob 1
Topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top