Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I skip some expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I skip some expansions? Empty Can I skip some expansions?

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2018, 20:26

Hi, first of all I'm recently installing the sims 4, I used to play sims 3 and I downloaded it from here and when I installed packs i followed the instructions but skipped some packs and it worked just fine. My question is can I do the same for sims 4? 

I have the base game installed, get to work and get together (all 3 of them from here) but I want to install city living and THEN Cats and Dogs and THEN Seasons, I don't want the rest of the packs. Is that possible? (thats what I did with sims 3)

2) In case I can, I also read in the guide that you have to rename the "game" folder when installing toddlers (step 7). Do I have to do that too? Or just ignore all of it since I'm not installing that pack?

I hope I asking in the right section, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Can I skip some expansions? Empty Re: Can I skip some expansions?

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2018, 21:55

Not with G4TW releases, you need to install all of them. Try this instead: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33100-the-sims-4-alternative-installers-install-dlcs-in-any-order-you-want

I didn't upload update 1.45.62.1020 on forum because I'm working on new installer format so after installing full patch you can use update from G4TW.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top