Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help finding lost "Mods"-folder!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need help finding lost "Mods"-folder!  Empty I need help finding lost "Mods"-folder!

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 05:33

I downloaded the sims4 cracked version back in 2017, before there was an all in one file. I recently deleted everything (or thought I did) to free up space on my computer.

A couple of weeks ago I decided I wasn't done so I went to download the all in one version and was having issues with the game installing and loading. . . I eventually found the old version I downloaded and it works great.

I have a problem, I have custom content that is loaded into the game but I can't find my mods folder. I've looked through Electronics Arts folder, The Sims 4 folder and nothing. 

I'm wanting to add the Get to College Mod from ModtheSims but have no idea where to put it if I have no Mod folder. 

Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Or can I make a new Mod folder and add the College mod in it. . if so where should I put it? 

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

I need help finding lost "Mods"-folder!  Empty Re: I need help finding lost "Mods"-folder!

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 09:44

You put mods in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods".

Back to top Go down

I need help finding lost "Mods"-folder!  Empty Re: I need help finding lost "Mods"-folder!

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 16:14

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Aug 2018, 01:13

lednahs91 wrote:Thank you!

If you find yourself having difficulties with Documents and Program files folders (and what each of them is there for), you could try right-clicking on a folder, that you want to 'find' later on again.

Normally in the context-menu that pops up you should see the option create shortcut, or something along these lines. You will get a shortcut with the name of the folder, in the same location as the target folder. You can now drag/drop the shortcut on the desktop then.

Useful not only for difficulties, but folders that you need to use frequently, but are located "deeper within" the Windows system.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top