Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Files saving elsewhere...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Files saving elsewhere...? Empty Files saving elsewhere...?

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2018, 06:15

Hello,

I followed the download instructions perfectly, and still had this problem...  I originally had both Origin's Sims 4 and the G4TW Sims 4 downloaded and noticed that my save files from the G4TW were saving to the Origin folder.  So I uninstalled both versions completely and removed all the files from both so there was no trace. I have then reinstalled the G4TW edition and not the Origin edition and started playing. But it created a new folder that would be my normal Sims 4 folder if I were to have played Origin's edition.  Not only that, but it is saving all my games there as well.  I was wanted to re-download the Origin version so that I could have the Gallery content, but don't want to mess up my save files.  Both times I followed the up to date installation instructions and both times this has happened.  Is this a normal error, or is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for all your help and support,

LoverLucas

Back to top Go down

Files saving elsewhere...? Empty Re: Files saving elsewhere...?

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2018, 09:53

That's not an error. Saves, mods, screenshots, gallery items, etc. all go to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" no matter what version you're playing (original from Origin, cracked or the one from ZLO).

If you want to keep separate saves, you have to rename that folder. For example keep "The Sims 4-origin" and "The Sims 4-crack" and when you want to play the game rename one of them to just "The Sims 4". (We're talking about folder in "Documents\Electronic Arts", not your game installation folder.)

And if you want to use gallery content in cracked version: use cracked "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4", run the original game, download items from gallery, close the game without saving, run the cracked game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Sep 2018, 01:34

Bit of a late response, but here is a more elaborate version of what anadius explained in the previous message.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

It's a hassle for sure, but if you absolutely insist on having both a G4TW and Origin-based version of The Sims 4, you might want to consider it.

P.S. another possible option is, that you keep the G4TW version and the Origin version on two different Windows accounts. It can also be a hassle, but then you don't need to rename these folders back-and-forth.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top