Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My sims 4 freezes for some minutes and then it crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sims 4 freezes for some minutes and then it crashes Empty My sims 4 freezes for some minutes and then it crashes

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2018, 22:35

hey my sims 4 keeps freezing and then crashing everytime i open it for some minutes. How do i fix that?

Back to top Go down

My sims 4 freezes for some minutes and then it crashes Empty Re: My sims 4 freezes for some minutes and then it crashes

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 09:44

Do you have 32- or 64-bit Windows? How many DLCs do you have installed?

Back to top Go down

My sims 4 freezes for some minutes and then it crashes Empty Re: My sims 4 freezes for some minutes and then it crashes

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 17:13

i have 32 bit and i have 20 or 30 dlcs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 17:18

Well that's your problem. Starting with Cats & Dogs minimal requirement is 64-bit system. You want to play Sims, you've got to disable "Cats & Dogs" and later DLCs. See this tool or if you want to do it manually, this guide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:03

just tried it. but it didnt work, i disabled some dlcs and it still freezes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:14

If since Cats & Dogs your system must be 64-bits, then why is TS4.exe still supplied in the later DLC's ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:19

AnotherTryhardFurry wrote:just tried it. but it didnt work, i disabled some dlcs and it still freezes.
Which ones did you disable? Post screenshot of your main menu. Disabled ones should be in grey.
Tarac wrote:If since Cats & Dogs your system must be 64-bits, then why is TS4.exe still supplied in the later DLC's ?
? Do you think EA would ditch updates for people with 32-bit system? They still get them, they just can't play new DLCs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:30

it freezes on the Logos screen so i cannot screenshot the full menu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:33

Then post a screenshot of DLC-toggler if you're using it. Or content of codex.cfg (preferably on pastebin.com) if you're disabling DLCs manual way.

Move "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" to desktop and run the game again. If it still crashes run validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:39

it wont let me either screenshot or move The Sims 4 folder because some folders in the sims 4 folder is "missing" and the screenshotting program i use is not working.

could you specify a simpler way to do it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:44

Just hit PrintScreen button on your keyboard and paste it in Paint... And put DLC-toggler in your game installation folder, like this:
My sims 4 freezes for some minutes and then it crashes Sims411

No, this validator is the easiest way to determine what's wrong with your installation folder. You can skip that .md5 file and just select your game installation folder in 2nd file picker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:59

im on a laptop and i cant see a print button. and im on windows 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 19:39

It may be called "PrtSc" on laptop keyboards. Or you can use Windows tool: Snipping Tool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top