Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 01:50

The title says it all, I'm simply stuck and don't know what to do. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, done the manual patch, then applied the ultimate fix and done the DEP fix at least five times now! I'm using a retail copy of the sims 3 base game along with torrented Town Life Stuff, Showtime, Pets, Outdoor Living Stuff, Late Night, High End Loft Stuff, Generations, and Ambitions expansions (all from gmaes4theworld.org). I know my computer is more than capable at running The Sims 3 and I'm sure my drivers are up to date. Please help me out if you can!

Edit: I just noticed something very unusual, the game's exe. memory usage keeps climbing, and once it hits about 3.6gb of ram usage, the game freezes. I think this is whats causing it, Does anyone know how to fix this?

The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED] 2830496658

Last edited by Admin on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:09; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:24

//Topic moved
Hello,

Have a look here. I know you already tried the DEP but there are more things to try there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 19:36

Lady ElDi wrote://Topic moved
Hello,

Have a look here. I know you already tried the DEP but there are more things to try there.
I tried all of that (that's why I decided to create this thread), and there is no reason to try 6 since I'm using a 64 bit OS. No

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Jul 2012, 20:58

Hello,

Do you have mods/cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 21:08

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Do you have mods/cc?
No, just the expansion/stuff packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Jul 2012, 08:21

Hello,

Then yes it's definitely crashing because of the RAM usage. And with that being so, it's more of a problem for Admin to look at, so I'll ask him to do so.
Meanwhile, I do still want to ask you if you're getting any kind of error at all during start up, or when the game crashes.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul 2012, 01:54

Then yes it's definitely crashing because of the RAM usage. And with that being so, it's more of a problem for Admin to look at, so I'll ask him to do so.
Meanwhile, I do still want to ask you if you're getting any kind of error at all during start up, or when the game crashes.
Just to let you know, I lowered the resolution of the game down to 1024x720 and the ram usage went down to 800,000-1,100,00k or 800mb to 1.1gb. But sadly, the game still crashes after about 15-30 minutes of gameplay. The error I get is either "The Sims 3 has stopped working" when it closes to desktop or the game just completely freezes without closing (I have to go into task manager to close it).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 21 Jul 2012, 11:12

Hello,

Does it help at all if you lower the in game quality settings? I assume they're on high now, try them on medium. it doesn't make that much difference to look at, but it makes a significant difference in framerates.

Also, what is your game version?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul 2012, 16:05

Does it help at all if you lower the in game quality settings? I assume they're on high now, try them on medium. it doesn't make that much difference to look at, but it makes a significant difference in framerates.

Also, what is your game version?
Lowering the settings more didn't stop the game from crashing sadly. I was getting pretty high fps with all settings on high so, I don't think it has anything to do with my integrated graphic's power. My game version is : 12.0.273.017001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul 2012, 18:55

I'm Having The Exact Same Issue affraid PLEASSSEEE Help

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 21 Jul 2012, 21:20

Hello,

And your base game version?

The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED] Uxziu

Brandon Gethin wrote:I'm Having The Exact Same Issue affraid PLEASSSEEE Help

Hello,

Please open a new topic, there could be various reasons for your problem so it's best handled separately.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 01:06

And your base game version?

The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED] Uxziu

Brandon Gethin wrote:I'm Having The Exact Same Issue affraid PLEASSSEEE Help

Hello,

Please open a new topic, there could be various reasons for your problem so it's best handled separately.
My base game version is :1.36.45.017001

I noticed something else, the Sims 3 isn't the only game that
crashes to desktop, just about every game I play does it after 15
minutes or so. ( Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) those games are from
steam tho, so they are not pirated.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jul 2012, 07:24

Hello,

Ok, this is definitely something for Admin to look at. I have already asked him to look here, but he has been busy lately, so I'll ask again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 27 Jul 2012, 14:28

Hello,

Excuse me for the late reply.
Does your PC suffer overheating? And is it a desktop or a laptop PC?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 03:30

I have the same exact issue except I have alot of CCs and Idk how to keep track of my RAM usage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 03:55

I'm having the same issue. I know it's been said here I should open my own topic but its exactly like it. I tried about the same things and my laptop is way more than great to run The Sims 3... Redownloaded it, reinstalled it, lowered graphics, DEP, everything. I don't think it's overheated as well, since it has never happened to anything else. I followed more than three times all steps, and it still freezes after 10, 15min playing. I'm really upset. I'm running Windows 7, 4GB ram, nVIDIA with 1GB dedicated, etc... It's an LG P420. If its necessary Ill open my own topic but I think we are going through the same issue. Hope someone will help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 05:59

Yeah and my game crashes even when I take out all of the ccs and mods soo.. now I'm this close to just giving up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 06:12

Hey, I solved my problem. Don't know if any of you guys have a nVIDIA but mine was not being used for playing TS3. You have to go to TS3W.exe and right button click it, then go to "Use graphics ...." (something like this, my Windows is in Portuguese haha) and then choose nVidia. My computer was using Intel built in graphics, that was the reason it kept freezing. Hope this will help, good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 05:12

I solved mine as well. Turns out I was using an outdated version of the fix. I love this website.. SERIOUSLY! Thanks for the fix and all the help

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:09

Hello,

Glad to hear everything is working fine now.
I'll close this topic, let us know if you need more help! The Sims 3 crashes after around 10 minutes in game (Ram usage off the charts!) [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top