Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is cc mods compatible with the 1.46 patch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

is cc mods compatible with the 1.46 patch? Empty is cc mods compatible with the 1.46 patch?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 10:22

Hello! so when i installed sims4 i thought i installed the latest patch, turned out i didnt. anyway im currently downloading the latest patch 1.46.18.1020. and i have cc mods lots and stuff saved in the mods and tray folder before. my question is, will it affect those files after installing the latest patch? or do i have to do something like move those files somewhere before i install the patch? TIA  Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

is cc mods compatible with the 1.46 patch? Empty Re: is cc mods compatible with the 1.46 patch?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 10:41

Most probably some of them will be incompatible. We don't keep any sort of list, SimsVIP makes one only after new DLC release so you're on your own with this. Check if your mods have any updates. And most important part: make a copy of "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" just in case some outdated mods corrupt your save file. Always do a backup before updating the game if you're playing with mods.

Back to top Go down

is cc mods compatible with the 1.46 patch? Empty Re: is cc mods compatible with the 1.46 patch?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 10:54

do i have to save that folder in documents like to another location? like where? i dont have a usb or external hard drive at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 11:05

Just make a copy, for example, on your desktop. It's just in case your mods corrupt your save files so you can then copy it back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 11:14

got it! btw ive finished downloading the patch and reading the instruction now. do i have to extract the files on folder 1 first before i move? coz i tried click and drag it showed extracting files .. so i cancelled right away .. not yet familiar with iso .. thanks

fixed : it automatically opened with power iso thats why i was asking this. i just right clicked it and open with window explorer.. gonna continue now with the update. thanks for the help  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by angel1707 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 11:30; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 11:28

On Windows 10 you can right-click on .iso file and select Mount. There's a guide with some pictures. After that just copy content of "1 Program Files\The Sims 4" to your game installation directory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top