Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game not updating to version 1.46

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game not updating to version 1.46 Empty Game not updating to version 1.46

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2018, 21:14

I have downloaded everything needed to install this update in the correct order, and i had no issues getting the previous packs/updates to work. the game is working fine but it says version 1.44 on the bottom of the home screen and the new items aren't showing up. any ideas as to what could be causing this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Game not updating to version 1.46 Empty Re: Game not updating to version 1.46

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2018, 21:27

As "Installation Guide" from Update 1.46 says, you need to copy everything from "1 Program Files\The Sims 4" to your game installation directory. I suspect you copied all files. Check if you have "1 Program Files" directory in your game installation folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2018, 21:42

What do you mean by " 1 program files" ?? I already have the game installed in program files. is that something else? i don't have a folder by that name WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2018, 21:46

Alright. Update 1.46 comes in "The Sims 4 Seasons - Update 1.46.18.1020.iso". What did you do with that file? How did you open it, what did you copy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2018, 21:56

I extracted the contents of the zip file to a new folder, then copied all the files in there into "program files/the sims 4", overwriting folders from previous packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2018, 22:00

So I ask you again, what exactly did you copy? Because you were supposed to copy everything from "<extracted folder>\1 Program Files\The Sims 4".

If you still think you did everything right, and it still shows game version 1.44, run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2018, 22:15

turns out i was accidentally extracting the files from an earlier update.. whoops. sorry for wasting your time when there wasn't an actual issue haha. i'll try to be more careful from now on
thanks anyways :^D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top