Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating cracked Sims 4 version? [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updating cracked Sims 4 version? [CLOSED] Empty Updating cracked Sims 4 version? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 23:55

I seen somewhere when someone added on to a forum topic that if you have a Sims 4 Trial you could replace files on your cracked version to update your game, I am unsure how to do this and don't know where to find the topic on here could someone go more in depth on how to do that?

I want to at least play on the latest version until the cracked city living comes out >.<

Back to top Go down

Updating cracked Sims 4 version? [CLOSED] Empty Re: Updating cracked Sims 4 version? [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Nov 2016, 00:03

Jordanmorolo wrote:I seen somewhere when someone added on to a forum topic that if you have a Sims 4 Trial you could replace files on your cracked version to update your game, I am unsure how to do this and don't know where to find the topic on here could someone go more in depth on how to do that?

I want to at least play on the latest version until the cracked city living comes out >.<

Hello again,

I'm afraid that is not possible. You cannot 'update' the game that way because you need to have a crack which supports that specific update. The current files only support patch level 1.20, and for higher patch levels there is no crack available yet.

If you try updating the game the way you suggested, you will either end up

- with nothing happening when trying to run the game, 
- a prompt to log into Origin (pointless because you haven't purchased the game)
- or some other error message.

I'm afraid there is no other way, than waiting for the next pirated update to come along.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Updating cracked Sims 4 version? [CLOSED] Empty Re: Updating cracked Sims 4 version? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2016, 02:35

Why God. Why God. kill me now, lol thanks for the help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Nov 2016, 03:23

Jordanmorolo wrote:Why God. Why God. kill me now, lol thanks for the help

There you go:  PWND

And you're always welcome. Very Happy  Feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need more advice or support. Until then, hang tight (I'm sure the new TS4 update will come), and have fun! Topic is closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Updating cracked Sims 4 version? [CLOSED] Empty Legit game and cracked dlcs

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2016, 22:55

So I know that you can use the legit game and cracked dlcs but if you do that will the legit game make the update to 1.24 with the cracked dlcs? or will the dlcs game version over-ride the base game and put it down to 1.20 again?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Nov 2016, 23:08

Jordanmorolo wrote:So I know that you can use the legit game and cracked dlcs but if you do that will the legit game make the update to 1.24 with the cracked dlcs? 

//MERGED

Hello again,

I unlocked the other topic, and merged your post to it. Smile  And no, I'm afraid that is not going to work either. The legit base game alone cannot "make" cracked DLC to a higher version. Another problem is, if you only have an Origin base game that is on 1.24, you will NOT have the updates that the other DLC receive. Yes, the DLC also receive updates. In general, the same applies here, what I said before: the entire question becomes obsolete because there is no crack yet for the 1.24 version. About this here:

Jordanmorolo wrote:or will the dlcs game version over-ride the base game and put it down to 1.20 again?

Yes, that is a more likely option, though I myself never tested it. 

I don't recommend buying anything on Origin for The Sims 4. Smile  I know a lot of people are impatient and want to buy stuff and then "mix" it with cracked games. But things these days are very complicated, and it's not gonna work.

You can rest assured, if there was any way to play the game without waiting for 'official' cracked updates, we definitely would have mentioned it. But there really is no way.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2016, 14:48

Since the update to 1.25.135.1020 on a legaly bought Sims 4 I can no longer properly build in Newcrest.
I must leave 1 side of the building open, as soon as I place the last wall it becomes a rabbithole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 03:30

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Jordanmorolo wrote:So I know that you can use the legit game and cracked dlcs but if you do that will the legit game make the update to 1.24 with the cracked dlcs? 

//MERGED

Hello again,

I unlocked the other topic, and merged your post to it. Smile  And no, I'm afraid that is not going to work either. The legit base game alone cannot "make" cracked DLC to a higher version. Another problem is, if you only have an Origin base game that is on 1.24, you will NOT have the updates that the other DLC receive. Yes, the DLC also receive updates. In general, the same applies here, what I said before: the entire question becomes obsolete because there is no crack yet for the 1.24 version. About this here:

Jordanmorolo wrote:or will the dlcs game version over-ride the base game and put it down to 1.20 again?

Yes, that is a more likely option, though I myself never tested it. 

I don't recommend buying anything on Origin for The Sims 4. Smile  I know a lot of people are impatient and want to buy stuff and then "mix" it with cracked games. But things these days are very complicated, and it's not gonna work.

You can rest assured, if there was any way to play the game without waiting for 'official' cracked updates, we definitely would have mentioned it. But there really is no way.

I have a cracked version 1.20.60.1020 that came with all DLC except city living which I installed in D:\Sims 4 and have been playing for months.
Shouldn't I be able to just download & install the City Living DLC?

I am going to try anyhow as I keep backups of the whole game in portable mode after installing, but I figure I would get some ideas from you as your probably more experienced at this type of stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 12:00

Norvell84 wrote:
I have a cracked version 1.20.60.1020 that came with all DLC except city living which I installed in D:\Sims 4 and have been playing for months.
Shouldn't I be able to just download & install the City Living DLC?

I am going to try anyhow as I keep backups of the whole game in portable mode after installing, but I figure I would get some ideas from you as your probably more experienced at this type of stuff.
Yes, this download of City Living is meant to be installed on top of your previous installations.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Dec 2016, 01:30

Since the original poster hasn't replied back, I will close the thread for the time being. Everybody experiencing problems with the download and/or the game, please open a new topic in the appropriate section.

@Jordanmorolo, feel free to message me should you want this topic to be re-opened at some point again. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top