Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The file couldn't be mounted because it's in use? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The file couldn't be mounted because it's in use? [SOLVED] Empty The file couldn't be mounted because it's in use? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2018, 17:24

I recently had some issues with the graphics and gameplay in general for The Sims 4, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall it today. I began torrenting all of the files and extracting them, but when I got to Seasons the format has changed, and when I double-click to open the file it comes up with an error saying "The file couldn't be mounted because it's in use". I'm not really sure how to fix it, and I've searched through the forums and couldn't find anything similar to this problem. Can anyone help?

Back to top Go down

The file couldn't be mounted because it's in use? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The file couldn't be mounted because it's in use? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2018, 17:27

Seasons is still in .rar format. It's Update 1.46 that's different (.iso file). Just as a reminder: you need both of them.

To fix this error simply stop the torrent in your torrent client.

Back to top Go down

The file couldn't be mounted because it's in use? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The file couldn't be mounted because it's in use? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2018, 17:39

anadius wrote:Seasons is still in .rar format. It's Update 1.46 that's different (.iso file). Just as a reminder: you need both of them.

To fix this error simply stop the torrent in your torrent client.

Yeah I meant the Seasons update haha sorry, I have stopped it in uTorrent and I've removed it from the list yet I'm still getting this error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2018, 17:41

Check if your anti-virus is currently scanning that file. If it's not, reboot your computer and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2018, 18:12

Nevermind, I realised that I had gotten the Seasons and Seasons update confused - the Seasons pack had finished torrenting, but the Seasons update hadn't and that's why it wouldn't open. Sorry for wasting your time and thank you for trying to help

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top