Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OrangeEmu64.dll can't be found

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OrangeEmu64.dll can't be found Empty OrangeEmu64.dll can't be found

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2018, 20:19

Hi! So I have just built a new computer and had to delete everything on my harddrives. So what I did since i still wanted Sims 4 on my new computer was to put all the installation folders on an external harddrive, then i only downloaded the base game, installed it and then copied all the folders over. I did this so i wouldn't have to redownload everything with my slow internet.

Later when i started the game the towns were empty and i couldn't place a family anywhere, it wouldn't save anything. So i went to the forums and saw that there was an update that i hadn't installed. I thought that this might help and so I installed it.

The problem now is that I get an error message saying that the OrangeEmu64.dll is missing. I have made an exception in my virus program for all the places the update files might possibly touch (Including: My downloads folder, Electronics Art under my Document and under Program files). But I still get this error. I've downloaded the update 3 times and everytime the OrangeEmu file is still missing.

I tried taking the OrangeEmu file from the old Game folders but then I get an error message saying that required data is missing or damaged.

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

OrangeEmu64.dll can't be found Empty Re: OrangeEmu64.dll can't be found

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2018, 21:45

DELETE your game folder and replace by THIS GAME FOLDER

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Oct 2018, 03:01

You might also want to double-check on your antivirus/security software. Under Windows 10, this here could be a starting point:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

Also, slightly off-topic, but I noticed this passage here:

Biruma wrote:Hi! So I have just built a new computer and had to delete everything on my harddrives. So what I did since i still wanted Sims 4 on my new computer was to put all the installation folders on an external harddrive, then i only downloaded the base game, installed it and then copied all the folders over. I did this so i wouldn't have to redownload everything with my slow internet.

On my old PC I used a (3.5'') HDD, and which I tried plugging into the new PC that I built. Windows 10 was installed on there. And guess what happened? Right on the first boot, I got the message "Windows is configuring your system". Took a little while, but then I saw the desktop familiar to me, from my old PC. Only this time, on the new PC! After that I noticed in the task manager that the CPU was running at 99% for another while, I guess the system was reconfiguring itself somewhat. Had to re-install some drivers like the Realtek-sound and the NVIDIA driver, other than that...I have all my familiar files and programs, without having had to re-install Windows, and which saved me so much time and energy. System runs stable as well; or at least I am not noticing any issues.

I did not need to re-install anything (besides these few drivers); it was pretty much like I put the "(operating) system" from the old PC, into the new PC. There aren't even any similarities between the old & new hardware parts. The old one was based on an Intel-system, the new one is an AMD-system. 

Now, I can't tell if this works in all cases or even if it's recommended to take an old HDD with Windows 10 and 'implant' it into a new PC, but I thought I just share this little anecdote here nonetheless. I myself did not expect anything from it. Maybe it's because I used the "Windows 10 Enterprise Edition", which is aimed at business users? As said, I can't tell if it works in all cases/for all Windows 10 versions, but feel free anybody to try experimenting with this yourselves.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top