Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game closes as soon as it opens! Send help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game closes as soon as it opens! Send help! Empty Game closes as soon as it opens! Send help!

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 05:11

So I had TS4 on my computer for a long time and it worked perfectly, came back and wanted to play when Get Famous came out, so I went and added it on as instructed. Tried opening the game, it popped up for a second, and then it promptly closed. 

Round 2, I deleted all of my Sims files and started from the bottom, Base Game, all DLCs up to Get Famous as instructed in the guide, same exact problem. 

I've made sure I don't have any programs closing it, so I don't believe that's the problem. Just not sure where to go from here. Please help!  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Game closes as soon as it opens! Send help! Empty Re: Game closes as soon as it opens! Send help!

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 11:17

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. Does the game start now?

Back to top Go down

Game closes as soon as it opens! Send help! Empty Re: Game closes as soon as it opens! Send help!

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 02:33

Still having the same issue. I re-extracted the Get Famous folder, moved the EA folder to my desktop, don't have an Anti-Virus blocking it :\ What do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 03:52

I don't see a way to edit my post, I apologize for double posting, but wanted to post my validation thingie. It says I have a lot of missing files, I think, but I extracted everything according to the guide. I don't get it - can someone maybe go on TeamViewer with me to help, or help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? 

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 10:54

@Dracaria That's because you didn't install the base game, you just extracted the installer. Those are the installer files:
setup.msi
setup1.cab
setup2.cab
setup3.cab
setup4.cab
setup5.cab
the_sims_4_setup.exe

Move them somewhere else.

1. Move your game to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4
2. Install base game (it will install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4)
3. Move those files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4:
data/client/clientfullbuild0.package
data/client/clientfullbuild1.package
data/client/clientfullbuild2.package
data/client/clientfullbuild3.package
data/client/clientfullbuild4.package
data/client/clientfullbuild5.package
data/client/clientfullbuild6.package
data/client/clientfullbuild7.package
data/client/clientfullbuild8.package

4. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
5. From C:\Program Files\The Sims 4 delete those files:
delta/# installation guide.txt
delta/sp12/clientfullbuild0.package
delta/sp12/magalog.package
delta/sp12/simulationfullbuild0.package
delta/sp12/thumbnails.package
ep01/# installation guide.txt
game/bin/core/winhttp.dll
game/bin/origins.ini
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.ini
game/bin/rldorigin_ext.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64_ext.dll
sp01/# installation guide.txt

And those folders:
delta/__installer
delta/data
delta/delta
delta/game
sp01/__installer
sp01/data
sp01/delta
sp01/ep03
sp01/game
sp01/gp03
sp01/soundtrack
sp01/sp05
sp01/sp05
sp01/sp07
sp01/sp08
sp01/sp09
sp01/support

If you do exactly as I said your next validator report will be clean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top