Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSoD after installing Get Famous.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BSoD after installing Get Famous. Empty BSoD after installing Get Famous.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2018, 07:48

Hi! 

Every time I play, I get bsod. Stop code alternate between memory management, kernel security check failure and irql not less or equal. They usually pop up between 10-20 minutes of play time, no more than 40.

First I tried sfc /scannow. It found some issues and fixed them. They were not on the same disk as the game though.

Then I tried Windows Memory Diagnostic which found no issues. 

And then I tried chkdsk commands, they also found some errors and fixed them. They were not on the same disk as the game though.

Now I've deleted the entire game and reinstalled(carefully following the most up-to-date instructions) it on the C: disk, before it was on the G: disk, but still bsod. 

I've also checked that all my drivers are up to date using drivereasy, some where not so they were updated.

I've also removed all mods and deleted all saves.

If you need it, I can upload minidump files from three of the crashes. 

Any idea how to fix this? 

Currently running 1.47.51.1020

Back to top Go down

BSoD after installing Get Famous. Empty Re: BSoD after installing Get Famous.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2018, 07:50

I tried attaching DxDiag, but I don't think it worked and it's too long to post here

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 22 Nov 2018, 16:04

Marie wrote:I tried attaching DxDiag, but I don't think it worked and it's too long to post here

Hello and welcome,

I never had a BSOD under Windows 10, but I remember that under Windows 7, on the re-boot following the BSOD you got a small window message with some information, among which is the "BCCode" with a code like 0x000000??, with the "??" being a combination of letters and/or numbers. 

You can also see that BCCode - I think - if you look quickly at the bluescreen, and look for the code there.

Are you getting such a window popup, on the re-boot following the BSOD? If so, the code can give an indication as to what may be wrong. Or, I may be totally wrong and this is not a thing anymore under Windows 10.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2018, 18:14

In Windows 10 they use stop codes instead of those numbers, I've researched all the stop codes I got and tried the solutions I found, but to no avail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2018, 21:58

According to the minidump files, ntoskrnl.exe is causing the crash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2018, 20:50

Now I tried re-installing Windows 10, but it's still happening. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top