Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endless loading after loading in a household!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Endless loading after loading in a household! Empty Endless loading after loading in a household!

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 01:40

Woo another issue! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

When I load the game, it takes... a long time to load. But it loads. However, I open a save, and I go to a household, and thus the endless loading starts.

Yes, I use CC, and I believe its a mod issue? Not sure what the specific issue is, however. I have used the mod conflict finder and have removed some problem CC, like sims 3 CC that wasn't supposed to be there xD.

I am currently downloading the newest patch, since I saw there was issues with mods before the latest patch. I will update with results if my issue is fixed with this patch once I install and test it.

Where do I start the troubleshooting process? Is there another issue that might not be CC?

Back to top Go down

Endless loading after loading in a household! Empty Re: Endless loading after loading in a household!

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 03:22

Update: Updated the game, same issue.

Back to top Go down

Endless loading after loading in a household! Empty Re: Endless loading after loading in a household!

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 04:12

Have you tried removing all the mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 09:05

Deezells wrote:Have you tried removing all the mods?
I removed all my mods, and the endless loading still occured.

One thing to note: My save portraits were still there on the load game screen, but when I load into the neighborhood, the portrait only displays few if not none of the sims individually. I believe it's a save issue, so I'll check a backup and see if that helps any.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 10:04

In case backups don't help: run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 18:37

Hey, i encountered the same issue... i ran the validator on mine, here are the results

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 19:06

anadius wrote:In case backups don't help: run the validator and post the result here.
Now, I'm not gonna do that cause the validator is so slow and I've pinpointed the issue:

Its my "The Sims 4" Folder in /documents/. I renamed the folder and started a new game, and it started (albeit slow,) perfectly. I'm gonna try to troubleshoot each other folder and see where the issue lays. Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Nov 2018, 19:12

Truxxton wrote:
Now, I'm not gonna do that cause the validator is so slow and I've pinpointed the issue:

Its my "The Sims 4" Folder in /documents/. I renamed the folder and started a new game, and it started (albeit slow,) perfectly. I'm gonna try to troubleshoot each other folder and see where the issue lays. Why.

Sometimes the endless loading screen is also caused by problems with savefiles, see #3 here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-47-51-1020

Maybe you want to start with pinpointing, there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 20:26

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Truxxton wrote:

Sometimes the endless loading screen is also caused by problems with savefiles, see #3 here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-47-51-1020

Maybe you want to start with pinpointing, there.

So I need to just start all over? Damn Why God.  Is there a way to fix these corrupted saves at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 22:55

CandieNemesys wrote:Hey, i encountered the same issue... i ran the validator on mine, here are the results
You didn't post the result.
Truxxton wrote:So I need to just start all over? Damn Why God.  Is there a way to fix these corrupted saves at all?
Are you sure it's saves? Have you tried copying only saves folder from previous The Sims 4 folder you renamed to newly generated one? BTW in this folder there are save backups. If the problem persists you can try restoring them as in this guide: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 23:40

anadius wrote:Are you sure it's saves? Have you tried copying only saves folder from previous The Sims 4 folder you renamed to newly generated one? BTW in this folder there are save backups. If the problem persists you can try restoring them as in this guide: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
I did the copying thing, yeah. It didn't work.

However, this is the guide I needed, thank you for sending the link. I'm gonna try to restore them; again, thank you. I'll post if the problem is resolved.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Nov 2018, 16:34

Truxxton wrote:
I did the copying thing, yeah. It didn't work.

However, this is the guide I needed, thank you for sending the link. I'm gonna try to restore them; again, thank you. I'll post if the problem is resolved.

In the future, it may be of help if you got used to making regular backups of these savefile, and put them in separate folders (named after date, etc.). These saves seem more susceptible these days, to damage.

One question though: did you ever 'suffer' from incompatible (script) mods, and actually loaded a savefile with these incompatible mods? If yes, did you also then SAVE the game, at some point?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top