Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endless household loading screen.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Endless household loading screen. Empty Endless household loading screen.

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2019, 23:21

So I didn't play the sims 4 for about a week. Gameplay and saving were normal.
Today I tried to play but there was a endless household loading screen for about 5 min, then music stops and game freezes.
I tried to move my The sims 4 folder from Documents to Desktop and the game started normally.

Are my save files corrupted?
If so, what caused them and is there a possibility of fixing them?
I had this household for a really long time Sad

Thanks in advance

Validator:

report:

Back to top Go down

Endless household loading screen. Empty Re: Endless household loading screen.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Oct 2019, 23:27

scarlettina wrote:So I didn't play the sims 4 for about a week. Gameplay and saving were normal.
Today I tried to play but there was a endless household loading screen for about 5 min, then music stops and game freezes.
I tried to move my The sims 4 folder from Documents to Desktop and the game started normally.

Are my save files corrupted?
If so, what caused them and is there a possibility of fixing them?
I had this household for a really long time Sad

Thanks in advance

Validator:

report:

//EDIT

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @scarlettina,

I moved your topic to another section "The Sims 4 Support".

If the game was working fine before and you did not change anything significant in the meantime...then yes, it could be due to savefile corruption. Did you try copying back just your old savefiles, from the Desktop to the freshly-created folder under Documents? Does it still load endlessly, then?

I would not know of a way to directly fix savefiles. There is an indirect way which would involve basically, to make regular backup copies of your saves. And in the event there are issues, you can take your backup saves, and (hopefully) not lose too much in-game progress. But then again: how many people really make backups of these things? It's not something an average player would do.

And I assume you really did not add any mods or other custom content, in the meantime, since you last played?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2019, 23:41

thank you for the fast response.

yes, I tried to copy saves to new folder but the problem was still there.

I play my game without cc or mods.
the only thing that may interrupt is a new windows framework update , but if that was the case I suppose that I would not be able to play at all then.

I guess I'll have to make backups for now on, I've learned it the hard way.

thanks again, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Oct 2019, 00:27

Ah, I totally forgot about that trick, Very Happy. I think I even wrote something about it a long time ago:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

Could indeed be worth a try.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2019, 10:41

unfortunately, nothing worked for me.

thank you for the assistance, you are the best

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 02 Oct 2019, 17:08

scarlettina wrote:unfortunately, nothing worked for me.

thank you for the assistance, you are the best

I'm sorry to hear that this bug hit you. EA tried to fix the crashing issue with the Realm of Magic GP; however they did not fix all the issues that had lingered from previous updates. Read the Sim Guru's Nick section at Twitter and you will find a list of reported EA bugs in which corruption of old saves is one of them. Apparently, for what it has been said is still a problem with sims animations at the time of saving the game. Until EA solves the problem it would be a good idea that you check your played household before you save. Example, none of your hosehold members is off-lot when you will save, none of your household is performing a task in which they are in the middle of gaining experience, etc. The bug seems to affect all saves once one gets corrupted.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2019, 21:35

Hello!

I managed to start the game with my old saves, but now when I select some makeup or clothing there are red and white fields with question marks on them and some items are pink coloured.

I do not have any cc or mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2019, 23:47

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. This will start the game fresh, you can move saves back later. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator and post the result here.

Yes, do it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Fri 04 Oct 2019, 16:04

scarlettina wrote:Hello!

I managed to start the game with my old saves, but now when I select some makeup or clothing there are red and white fields with question marks on them and some items are pink coloured.

I do not have any cc or mods.
The red and white fields with black questions marks is definately a sign of a corrupted item. Since you mention that you are not using any CC at all, then the suggestion by Anadius to place your game folder on your desk top or rename it, so that the game can recreate a new one will be the best. If by any chance, you have the same problem after generating a new Sims4Game folder, please follow the instructions on this page carefully to run The Sims 4 Validator that will check your game for problems:  https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator#
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top