Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Famous Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get Famous Issue Empty Get Famous Issue

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 08:04

SN: IF SOLVED PLEASE DIRECT TO FORUM, THANK YOU!

The issue i am having is with the Get Famous update. My game will load to the slogan and instantly crash. I get no error message or anything, it just crashes. I did see a forum with a similar issue but i saw no resolution, i did do the steps that was stated (downloading and re-extracting a new file and deleting the python files) but that did not work. I am stuck using version 1.46 which is annoying considering  Wicked Whims does not work and old version makes my game lag.  Help

Back to top Go down

Get Famous Issue Empty Re: Get Famous Issue

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 08:11

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. This will start the game fresh, you can move saves back later. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 09:47

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 10:34

No wonder it doesn't work. You've skipped Get Famous release. https://www.games4theworld.club/t34390-the-sims-4-get-famous-out-now-version-1-47-49-1020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 11:37

10. Get Famous – 8.8 GB incl. update 1.47.51.1020

1. Download THIS EXPANSION
  2. Mount in Poweriso or Daemon (In windows 10 just rightclick on the iso and choose Open with Explorer)
  3. Delete the existing Game folder from your installation folder
  4. Copy all files and folders from the extracted folder to your installation folder The Sims 4 (so NOT to the folder The Sims 4 in User\Documents\Electronic Arts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 19:21

I thought Version 1.51 was the 6th expansion, i never saw the 1.49. Downloading now, i have the zlorgin version so would i still need to download the full torrent or can i just download the game folder like always?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 19:25

If you downloaded the update and Get Famous on ZLO then you need just the "Game" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 21:30

I have the Sims 4 zlo version through here, i cant download the actual zlo origin because it says the crack does wont work with the file. But I am going to try Tarax method.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Dec 2018, 21:36

Mixie wrote:I have the Sims 4 zlo version through here, i cant download the actual zlo origin because it says the crack does wont work with the file. But I am going to try Tarax method.

Just for clarification:

The point of using "the crack" on a ZLOrigin version of The Sims 4 is, that you do not need to log in through ZClient/ZLOrigin to play the game. So if you do apply the crack, just start the game directly with the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe.

I believe the error with "crack does not work" shows up when you apply the crack (on a ZLOrigin game), then log into ZClient/ZLOrigin, and then start the game through the ZLOrigin launcher. Again, this is not the way the crack is supposed to work. Use one of the .exe files mentioned above.

Also, what did you mean by this cryptic message here, in your first post...?

Mixie wrote:SN: IF SOLVED PLEASE DIRECT TO FORUM, THANK YOU!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2018, 21:49

Oh ok, i must've misunderstood but im currently downloading the 8.8gb file and i meant if someone else made a topic about this and it was solved to direct me to that forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2018, 15:49

Ok so for the entire day I have been trying to download either Get Famous file and none of them would download. They would download for awhile and then receive a network error. I tried to download and install ZLOrigin and that was a bust as well. I guess i'm just stuck because the only file i can download properly is the Game folder which does not work considering i have no way of receiving the 6 expansion pack folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2018, 16:47

If you're having network errors, use some download manager that can resume the download, for example JDownloader.

BTW if you want to download smaller file, use my repack. Download _setup.exe, helper_tools.rar, patch-1.47.51.1020.bin, no-origin-fix-1.47.51.1020.rar, dlc-ep06-get-famous.bin", then run _setup.exe and select the path where your game is installed. That will be 5.5GB to download. NOTE: make sure "patch" is checked on components screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Dec 2018, 19:52

Mixie wrote:Ok so for the entire day I have been trying to download either Get Famous file and none of them would download. They would download for awhile and then receive a network error. I tried to download and install ZLOrigin and that was a bust as well. 

Is your internet working fine, otherwise? Are you able to download other things "normally"? With these direct downloads, sometimes you just have to try downloading at another time...or yes, try using a download manager program like JDownloader or Internet Download Manager.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2018, 22:22

Yes, it works fine with other downloads. I tried the Jdownloader and it worked (yay!), currently installing the files and I will let you know shortly if my game starts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2018, 22:52

Ahhh yay my game finally works again!! Thank you guys for your help!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top