Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded lots won't show up in library. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded lots won't show up in library. [SOLVED] Empty Downloaded lots won't show up in library. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2018, 21:38

Hello, so today I downloaded the sims 4 all in one torrent and some stuff from the g4tw gallery. I put the .bpi files (I just want the lots) in documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/tray but they aren't showing up in the library in the game. Would be grateful if anyone could help. thanks

Back to top Go down

Downloaded lots won't show up in library. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Downloaded lots won't show up in library. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Dec 2018, 21:46

zerian wrote:I put the .bpi files (I just want the lots) in documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/tray but they aren't showing up in the library in the game. 

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

Since you are specifically mentioning .bpi files, I'll assume you filtered out all other files with a different file format? If so, I don't think this is going to work out. If you want to safely filter out specific creations, I suggest using third-party tools such as "The Sims 4 Tray Importer". 

It is a bit of a hassle, since by default it appears to scan your entire Tray-folder, and you then have to select creations manually, and then export/save them somewhere. After that delete your entire Tray-folder, and put only the exported Tray-items back in.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Downloaded lots won't show up in library. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Downloaded lots won't show up in library. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2018, 21:52

Thank you for the super fast answer! Yes I did filter out all the other file formats. I got the Tray importer earlier but didn't really understand what I was supposed to do with it. How about if I just put in all the other file formats too (like it came in the download from the gallery) and not filter out anything, would that work? Too many files maybe. Otherwise I guess I'll just try to do that thing with the tray importer :p

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Dec 2018, 21:58

I will see to coming up with a tutorial for the Tray Importer at some point; in the meantime try playing around with it. I myself never used it that much, but when you start it up, it appears to scan your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray location. The program then lists all Gallery items under that folder. You can apparently select individual items from that listing and then "export" them in .zip file format. 

So let's say you downloaded a complete Gallery creator and put all items in your Tray. But you only want a few of the creations in the end. Run the Tray Importer, select the items you want, export them. But then you have to empty your actual Tray-folder (again, because you only want specific items), and after that go to your exported creations, and unzip them into your Tray-folder.

I know describing this in words is less clear than a guide with pictures or a video, but feel free to play around with the program; it shouldn't be too difficult to use.

I also just realized that I actually wrote a topic about this, a long time ago:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t20431-the-inside-of-the-tray-folder

I admit I'm not sure if the information is still correct or up-to-date, but "back then" Gallery-lots consisted of .bpi + .trayitem + .blueprint files. I will edit the Gallery-post to include a link to this old tutorial.

Haters gonna hate Looking for bad joke
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 11:28

Well I just put all the files in the tray and got the houses I wanted and then some haha tongue 

Next time I'll try with the tray importer tho, I think I understand your explanation of it! Anyway thanks a lot! This is a great website Yess, aye lieeke!

Gatekeeper Edit: you're welcome; feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need help. Problem solved, topic closed.  Yess, aye lieeke!

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top