Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saved some houses I built to my library, but none of them show up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saved some houses I built to my library, but none of them show up. Empty Saved some houses I built to my library, but none of them show up.

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2019, 04:42

There's nothing under the Codex tab in my library, but the houses show up in s4ti. Is the library functionality tied in with the gallery functionality or something (which I can't use since my game is cracked)?

Back to top Go down

Saved some houses I built to my library, but none of them show up. Empty Re: Saved some houses I built to my library, but none of them show up.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Nov 2019, 14:25

astrogeist wrote:There's nothing under the Codex tab in my library, but the houses show up in s4ti. Is the library functionality tied in with the gallery functionality or something (which I can't use since my game is cracked)?

Hello again,

Aren't those creations under the tab "My Library"? So not under CODEX.

Also, if for some reason those houses don't show up for you, try using the filter options on the left-hand side. Maybe you accidentally marked a wrong options. So try e.g. the option "show contents" => "all".

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Saved some houses I built to my library, but none of them show up. Empty Re: Saved some houses I built to my library, but none of them show up.

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2019, 17:17

Hi there,

I did mean to say the library tab, not Codex. It doesn't matter how I filter, the game only shows Maxis builds. It does show households I've created, so at least some of my stuff is being saved there.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Nov 2019, 17:28

astrogeist wrote:Hi there,

I did mean to say the library tab, not Codex. It doesn't matter how I filter, the game only shows Maxis builds. It does show households I've created, so at least some of my stuff is being saved there.

Are you otherwise able to play the game fine; are there maybe other bugs too? 

That probably sounds cheesy now, but are you positive that you used the option here, to save your lots into the library? I tested it myself again on my own installation, slightly modified an existing house, and successfully managed to save it to the library.

Saved some houses I built to my library, but none of them show up. Hi28GBX

You have to go to the build-mode, and use the option shown in the screenshot.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2019, 01:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
astrogeist wrote:Hi there,

Are you otherwise able to play the game fine; are there maybe other bugs too? 

That probably sounds cheesy now, but are you positive that you used the option here, to save your lots into the library? I tested it myself again on my own installation, slightly modified an existing house, and successfully managed to save it to the library.

Saved some houses I built to my library, but none of them show up. Hi28GBX

You have to go to the build-mode, and use the option shown in the screenshot.
There aren't any other bugs, and I know for a fact I used that button to save the houses (are there even other ways to do it?). What gets me is the fact that they show up in S4TI so obviously the game is storing them somewhere. Is there any way I can use S4TI to "restore" them back into my library?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Nov 2019, 11:04

astrogeist wrote:There aren't any other bugs, and I know for a fact I used that button to save the houses (are there even other ways to do it?). What gets me is the fact that they show up in S4TI so obviously the game is storing them somewhere. Is there any way I can use S4TI to "restore" them back into my library?

There is another possibility I can think of: you could try doing a search on your C: drive, for something that is inside your Documents-folder of The Sims 4. E.g. search for the file GameVersion.txt. Or search for a folder Tray. It does happen from time to time that due to some settings, like antivirus stuff, the location where your Sims 4 stuff gets saved is "re-directed elsewhere".

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2019, 09:54

This might be a "Have you turned it off and back on again" type of question. But did you use CC? Is the Include Custom Content option checked?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2019, 21:15

Sorry to get back to you so late--I've been busy and forgot about this for a bit.

The_gh0stm4n wrote:There is another possibility I can think of: you could try doing a search on your C: drive, for something that is inside your Documents-folder of The Sims 4. E.g. search for the file GameVersion.txt. Or search for a folder Tray. It does happen from time to time that due to some settings, like antivirus stuff, the location where your Sims 4 stuff gets saved is "re-directed elsewhere".

It seems that when I try to do this my system just stays in search mode indefinitely? Like it never actually finishes searching, the loading bar on top stays static, and nothing comes up in the meantime. I left it going for over half an hour after it got "stuck" and it still wasn't done. Is that normal?

LifeJunkie wrote:This might be a "Have you turned it off and back on again" type of question. But did you use CC? Is the Include Custom Content option checked?
Just tried it with and without CC enabled...no dice. Sad  

It seems that I've lost a household to the technological abyss as well; S4TI still shows it, but it's not under "My households". Other households of mine show up in My Households, but the missing one was created a while ago, and I honestly can't remember if I actually placed them in a world or not, if that matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2019, 21:28

UPDATE: I figured it out. I was trying to place houses/households from "Manage households" in the world overview instead of clicking on the Gallery button next to it. I also had to make sure "include custom content" was checked in the sidebar. That being said, what exactly is the point of the Manage households button since obviously it wasn't helping in that regard?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top