Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change Name (?) + tip.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change Name (?) + tip. Empty Change Name (?) + tip.

Post by xerendipity Wed 19 Dec 2018, 22:19

Hello.  I was highly unsuccessful at re-installing the game packs and getting the game to work after I received the 'origin' message.  I tried practically everything - even cleaning my computer with registry cleaners and manually through regedit (I do not suggest people take that to mean I am suggesting they do the same), and extensively going through my sizable mods folder, to try and find the problem, and nothing helped.  Upon using Codex's new all-in-one .iso, I was able to start it up again.  Weee!  Having been playing that for a bit, I had both a question and a tip.

Tip:  I had downloaded a tiny portable firewall blocker in the past, called FAB.  In fact, I just Googled it, and it is: "Sordum's Firewall App Blocker".  Personally, I think it is amazing.  With a few small clicks, you can add a program, file, or even an entire FOLDER (which is what I do) to it, in order to block that program from communicating out or allowing it to be communicated with from outside.  Since then, not only with this, but with all such programs, I have not had any issue.

Question:  Is there a way to change the player name from Codex to something else?

If I've posted in the wrong place, let me know please.  Thanks.
xerendipity
xerendipity
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Change Name (?) + tip. Empty Re: Change Name (?) + tip.

Post by xerendipity Thu 20 Dec 2018, 02:03

Answering my own Topic in case it helps anyone else.

It seems that by changing the name in the "Profile" section of the Codex.cfg file located within the Game Bin file, the UserName changes.  Save a copy of the original file, of course, just to be sure.  I tested the game after doing so, built a small lot, saved it, closed the game then looked at it with a game tool, and the new name was listed as lot creator.
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Dec 2018, 02:15

xerendipity wrote:Answering my own Topic in case it helps anyone else.

It seems that by changing the name in the "Profile" section of the Codex.cfg file located within the Game Bin file, the UserName changes.  Save a copy of the original file, of course, just to be sure.  I tested the game after doing so, built a small lot, saved it, closed the game then looked at it with a game tool, and the new name was listed as lot creator.

As a personal remark, I would still avoid uploading your creations to 'mainstream' venues such as TSR or whatever else there is. If someone eventually asks what your real Origin ID is and you then try talking yourself out of the situation (because you don't have a legit TS4), it could look awkward.

Haters gonna hate Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Thu 20 Dec 2018, 23:05

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
xerendipity wrote:Answering my own Topic in case it helps anyone else.

As a personal remark, I would still avoid uploading your creations to 'mainstream' venues such as TSR or whatever else there is. If someone eventually asks what your real Origin ID is and you then try talking yourself out of the situation (because you don't have a legit TS4), it could look awkward.

Haters gonna hate Cookie from Carlos

Of course.  I think it is understood that EA is a no-no, and on other 'mainstream' sites one would be a fool to dialogue along those lines.  Helpful reminder though, thanks.
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top