Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unable to install the update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - unable to install the update Empty unable to install the update

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:29

hi, 
i was trying to extract the files in the last sims 4 update in order to copy and paste them in my sims 4 folder but one i pressed "extract here" thats whay happened.
is that a common thing? was searching for an answer in the forum but nothing like that came up

silent install - unable to install the update XHyX6Em

Back to top Go down

silent install - unable to install the update Empty Re: unable to install the update

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2018, 14:54

Update your WinRAR or use 7-zip. The latter is recommended since G4TW releases are now in .7z format.

Back to top Go down

silent install - unable to install the update Empty Re: unable to install the update

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2018, 14:36

I'm having this issue as well, specifically with the TS4.exe in the bin folder. I only play TS4 in 32bit, and suddenly I'm getting the same error as misterfenty. I used both winrar in administrator mode, and in 7zip. Same issue. Hoping to get some help as the game lags too much to enjoy in 64bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2018, 14:56

Download the update again then. Because extracting it with up-to-date 7-zip works fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2018, 15:22

Or - when you are familiar with iso's - download these updates in .iso format HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2018, 16:46

Tried both downloading again, direct and with torrent, and mounting in .iso format. Same issue with the same file. No other issues. I have no idea what is causing this..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2018, 17:15

Try update 1.48.94.1020 and make sure the download is completed and shows seeding or uploading.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34601-the-sims-4-update-1-48-94-1020-out-now#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2018, 18:11

That's the update I was talking about. It's after this new update that this issue started. No access to that one specific file (TS4.exe in bin, TS4_64.exe has no issues)

I've torrented patches before and had no issues. I really have no idea what's going on with this. It's as if the permissions for that one singular file are screwy. Any ideas? Since it definitely doesn't seem to be related to the actual download from what I can tell. (Obviously I may be wrong-- just want to find a way to fix it, and being wrong is good if it means I can play again!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2018, 18:20

UPDATE:

I think I found a fix, and it was stupidly simple when I thought about it.

For some reason, the game/bin thread weren't in my antivirus exception list. Now I know they were there before, so I have no idea. But specifically TS4.exe flagged as a virus and was quarantined. Restored it and I can update it properly now!

Definitely should have double checked that, sorry for the trouble!

Misterfenty, I would definitely check to see if the Sims 4 folder is part of your exceptions list in your antivirus, since that may be what's interfering with the permissions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top