Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I install the update for The Sims 4??(Update only doesn't work)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I install the update for The Sims 4??(Update only doesn't work) Empty How do I install the update for The Sims 4??(Update only doesn't work)

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 06:27

Well,I downloaded The Sims 4 and the update only.The game works fine.Then I run the update only.I open The Sims 4 and nothing work it still doesnt have new features.Any help? (I dont want the Ultimate Fix,1 week later it says items deleted)

Back to top Go down

How do I install the update for The Sims 4??(Update only doesn't work) Empty Re: How do I install the update for The Sims 4??(Update only doesn't work)

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 12:46

hello there!

sorry if i'm unable to help, but by new features, do you mean all those packs/stuffs update? (outdoor retreat, spa day etc.) if yes, then you really need the ultimate fix (2+GB) since that includes everything.

unless i'm misreading the other fix (1+GB), that only updates the game mechanics/those game-related problems. 

if the fix keeps getting deleted, check to see if your windows defender/anti-virus are sneakily working in the background. or if you have an external hard disk, move the fixes there. i stored mine all there and so far it has not been deleted.

PS: sorry if i'm kind of vague.

Back to top Go down

How do I install the update for The Sims 4??(Update only doesn't work) Empty Re: How do I install the update for The Sims 4??(Update only doesn't work)

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 12:55

Help No i mean the base game.I only want the base game update but whenever i update it it wont work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 13:22

what new features are you missing? since that is the root of your problem. 

//i'm trying to download the fix only but it won't seem to download anything. unfortunately i haven't done the update only fix before so i'm not sure of the instructions. is there a guide that comes along with the fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 13:27

The pools and other stuffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 13:36

Base Game = what is says, the Base Game.
It does not include any expansions/stuff.
Pools came later and are included in the download of Get to Work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 14:18

Originull wrote:The pools and other stuffs.

Tarac wrote:Base Game = what is says, the Base Game.
It does not include any expansions/stuff.
Pools came later and are included in the download of Get to Work

If i'm not mistaken, pools come with an update and not from an expansion pack. if the update only fix still doesn't show any pools, then i suggest you install all the other expansions which will give you other stuffs. @SimArchitect  posted a video recently on a simpler and faster installer of sims 4 till Get Together if you're willing to try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 16:29

Pools, ghosts and carrer updates came with updates from Base Game.
I downloaded Only Updates Ultimate fix but I got some unintended problems like game freezing, infinate loading and grey film over start screen of Sims 4.
The most easy way is to install:
1. Base Game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. Hotfix
But if you got low end computer the best way is to install Only updates, BUT Sims 4 is different game and G4TW have hard time to get all updates working (I guess).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 20:27

Although I use a download-version slightly different from that of G4TW, I can use an original base-game + downloaded expansions.
When you try and run the game you will see an error-message about newer version, unable to play the game.
Altering the fil GameVersion in Documents-Electronic Arts-Thne Sims 4 to 1.13.104.1010 will make the game playable again.
With that done, never ever update the game again via Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 12:19

Im looking for another update download link.Does somebody has a link?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 13:32

Originull wrote:Im looking for another update download link.Does somebody has a link?
See your inbox.
Well,I downloaded The Sims 4 and the update only.The game works fine.Then I run the update only.I open The Sims 4 and nothing work it still doesnt have new features.Any help? (I dont want the Ultimate Fix,1 week later it says items deleted)

You must have the base-game installed.
You cannot play updates without base-game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top