Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Crashes when adding second Floor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Crashes when adding second Floor Empty Game Crashes when adding second Floor

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jun 2013, 19:53

I followed the instructions to the T, and haven't had too many problems playing. It crashed a few times, I lowered the resolution. It crashed a bit more and I attempted the change to DEP, the game crashed in again. It used to crash rather randomly. Right now, it crashes as I go to save after adding walls to my second floor of a house.

KCarey

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when adding second Floor Empty Re: Game Crashes when adding second Floor

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:45

Is your graphic card up to date?

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when adding second Floor Empty Re: Game Crashes when adding second Floor

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:47

To the best of my knowledge, everything is as up to date as I can make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:53

Ok, then please post the details about your graphic card...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:02

I'm guessing this is it:
Intel HD Graphics (Corei3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jun 2013, 02:11

kcarey wrote:I'm guessing this is it:

Another integrated chip. Goodie.

A lot of crash related problems seem to have this in common: integrated GPU's. If I'm right about that the solution is simple: get a separate GPU.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jun 2013, 06:19

I'm having this problem, too.

My game has never had a crashing issue until recently, even though I play on a laptop, and I think it's because I'm building a lot on an old save that's from before Seasons came out. Is this a new game/save file you're building on?

Check out the 'crashing after building thread'. I'm about to re-load my game to see if newer lots crash when I build or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Jun 2013, 09:04

mryza wrote:I'm having this problem, too.

My game has never had a crashing issue until recently, even though I play on a laptop, and I think it's because I'm building a lot on an old save that's from before Seasons came out. Is this a new game/save file you're building on?

Check out the 'crashing after building thread'. I'm about to re-load my game to see if newer lots crash when I build or not.

First, I would like to ask you to open a new topic for that. This way it will be easier to track individual progress Wink.

kcarey wrote:I'm guessing this is it:

And yes, I'm afraid that there seem to be HUGE problems with that family of graphics cards. Have a look at this here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jun 2013, 01:01

The thing is, the problem was only happening when I went to save after adding a second floor onto this one specific house. I finally just moved her into a new house. I don't have any mods in play, just the games. Earlier, I'd had it crash once or twice, but after posting here I had the game running with no problems for a good 6 hours, no problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:17

Shocked See, we solve problems just by you posting here!! Wink
So is it working now? Any other problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:21

kcarey wrote:The thing is, the problem was only happening when I went to save after adding a second floor onto this one specific house. I finally just moved her into a new house. I don't have any mods in play, just the games. Earlier, I'd had it crash once or twice, but after posting here I had the game running with no problems for a good 6 hours, no problems.

Shamrock wrote: Shocked See, we solve problems just by you posting here!! Wink
So is it working now? Any other problem?

Hello there,

Even if the graphics card is not (fully) supported, it might be possible to make the situation "bearable" by e.g. installing the latest drivers - or moving into a smaller house and/or a smaller neighbourhood.

Kcarey, I suppose you moved into a smaller house, then ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jun 2013, 13:00

Carlos G. wrote:
Hello there,

Even if the graphics card is not (fully) supported, it might be possible to make the situation "bearable" by e.g. installing the latest drivers - or moving into a smaller house and/or a smaller neighbourhood.

Kcarey, I suppose you moved into a smaller house, then ?

My graphics card isn't supported ether, yet the game runs fine. A good graphics card can run any game, most developers half-ass optimization and compatibility anyway.

So, does the game crash when adding a new floor or when saving? I didn't really get that part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jun 2013, 17:28

The game crashed when I saved the new floor add. Did the walls and it 'unexpectedly quit' on me. A friend had the same problem.

I did move them to a new house, bigger actually. It wasn't the floors that were the problem, it seems to be the building of them that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top