Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom/Downloaded Lots Not in Library

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom/Downloaded Lots Not in Library Empty Custom/Downloaded Lots Not in Library

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018, 22:31

I've followed the guide here on the forums but the lots still won't appear. I've ensured that the check box for custom content is on, as well.

I've tried lots from TSR, MTS and here on the forums, and none work. I've tried putting them in Tray and in Mods, no dice.

I have the G4TW install of each expansion and the newest update, running on Win10.

Any help would be appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Custom/Downloaded Lots Not in Library Empty Re: Custom/Downloaded Lots Not in Library

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018, 22:35

You need to put downloaded lots in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray" and they can't be in subfolders. Everything needs to be under "Tray" folder.

Back to top Go down

Custom/Downloaded Lots Not in Library Empty Re: Custom/Downloaded Lots Not in Library

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018, 22:55

anadius wrote:You need to put downloaded lots in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray" and they can't be in subfolders. Everything needs to be under "Tray" folder.

They are, and it is not working. As I said, I've tried putting the files in Tray and in Mods, and neither has worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Dec 2018, 23:01

starcastically wrote:
They are, and it is not working. As I said, I've tried putting the files in Tray and in Mods, and neither has worked.

Welcome to the Forum,

Just to be 100% sure, the inside of your Tray-folder looks like this here, right?

Custom/Downloaded Lots Not in Library DF5G6IK
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018, 23:06

Yes, it does:

Custom/Downloaded Lots Not in Library 2018-110

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Dec 2018, 23:11

I guess you could also try checking your game with the validator here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator

Are you noticing any other issues with your game, besides what you describe? Are downloaded sims (households) working for you, or not?

Can't offer much more advice at that point, I'm sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018, 23:28

I haven't downloaded any households -- I really only download lots.

No other issues, except that in the Actress career the makeup/hair is sometimes glitching (not registering as done), although if I remember correctly from Google this is pretty well documented.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top