Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 4 change in game name from codex to any name in 3 secs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 4 change in game name from codex to any name in 3 secs Empty The sims 4 change in game name from codex to any name in 3 secs

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2019, 03:20

i just found this very easy easy way to change the name in game using only the file
codex.cfg
The Sims 4\Game\Bin\codex.cfg
open this file in notebad
find "Persona"
next to it you will see codex name "codex"
change it to any name 
save
done
I tip my fedora.
proof
The sims 4 change in game name from codex to any name in 3 secs Untitl12

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 change in game name from codex to any name in 3 secs Empty Re: The sims 4 change in game name from codex to any name in 3 secs

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Jan 2019, 23:13

...if it doesn't let you save (mostly when the game is installed under Program Files), you could save it on the desktop first, and from there copy/paste/overwrite the new file back to Program Files.

Also make sure to use this 'tool' carefully. If all of you now start running around, sharing stuff from the DRM-free Sims 4 game, there may be people who will try to find your name in the real Gallery. I suppose you could then try arguing that you simply didn't upload anything to the original Gallery, but at that point it may look a bit awkward.

Thanks for sharing, I will move this under Tips/Tricks!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top