Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attempting to Install Sims3 Can't burn Image as it is too large

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Attempting to Install Sims3 Can't burn Image as it is too large  Empty Attempting to Install Sims3 Can't burn Image as it is too large

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 22:51

I am new on here and not sure if this query should be posted here on not.

I just dl the torrent Sims3 and was told to first create an image of each and in order (Sims3; Sims3: World Adventures; Sims3: High-End Loft Stuff; Sims3: Ambitions; Sims3: Fast Lane Stuff; Sims3: Late Night Stuff; Sims3: Outdoor Living Stuff: Sims3: Generations; Sims3: Town Life Stuff).

However, when attempting to burn the image of the first Sims3 I get an error message that there isn't enough space to burn the image.

The image size appears as 5,063 mb while the Disc size is 4,482 mb (the DVD i am using is 4.7gb which is pretty much the standard size).

Am i doing something wrong here?

Please advise and thank you for your time and attention to my query

Back to top Go down

Attempting to Install Sims3 Can't burn Image as it is too large  Empty Re: Attempting to Install Sims3 Can't burn Image as it is too large

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 13 Feb 2012, 23:33

Hello,
You don't have to burn it to an actual DVD, you can always mount the virtual image (iso) to a virtual drive like Daemontools.
Since you're new to this, I strongly recommend getting G4TW mounting guide here, and you can also watch an instruction video to help you install the game here.
If you have any more questions, please let us know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Attempting to Install Sims3 Can't burn Image as it is too large  Empty Re: Attempting to Install Sims3 Can't burn Image as it is too large

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 16:30

Forgive my ignorance. I have dl the Daemon tool and I have another question.

The Sims3 first file that I had dl after extracting (using IZarc) is a ''daa' file and not an 'Disc Image File'. All the other files ('World Adventures to Town Life Stuff) are 'Disc Image Files'.

What am I to do with the first Sims 3 file that is .daa? I was told to be sure to insure the files in the order of 1 to 9 but file 1 is a .daa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 14 Feb 2012, 16:53

crash254 wrote:Forgive my ignorance. I have dl the Daemon tool and I have another question.

The Sims3 first file that I had dl after extracting (using IZarc) is a ''daa' file and not an 'Disc Image File'. All the other files ('World Adventures to Town Life Stuff) are 'Disc Image Files'.

What am I to do with the first Sims 3 file that is .daa? I was told to be sure to insure the files in the order of 1 to 9 but file 1 is a .daa.
Hello,

Please use WinRAR (Download from www.games4theworld.org) to extract the .rar files.
First tell me, where did you download the files from? I assume they are not from ® Games4theworld?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:25

i dl the files from isohunt + 325946001 sims+3

But from there I was told to come to games4theworld for help. The files seem to have been extracted properly but the only file that seems to have a problem is the Sims 3 file # 1. which shows up as .daa instead of as a disc image file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:27

Hello,

Haha, OK. Do you mind if I take a look via TeamViewer?
If not, please join the chatbox now, I'm online there at the moment.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 14:56

Admin, when you are available to assist via TeamViewer please let me know. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 16 Feb 2012, 22:10

Hello,

I'm online usually at nights. (GMT+1) Especially in the weekends.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2012, 15:30

Okay then, we will try tonight or this weekend. Thank you and enjoy your day.

//EDIT

I have decided to start all over. I deleted the torrent that i had for the entire Sims3 and have dl the Sims3 MAster Suite from your site.

looking at the instructions, it says "1. Install The Sims 3 base game. (If you've already installed the base game, ignore this step!)"

However, it doesn't say where to obtain the 'base game' and looking over your dl site i dont see any 'Sims3 base game' available.

Please help (anyone).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 21 Feb 2012, 16:26

Hello,
All G4TW downloads can be found here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 16:53

Thank you, i did look at that page already and i dont see any Sims3 "base game".

I can only assume that the wording "base game" doesnt refer to an actual dl but is a generic word?

If so what file should I dl and install BEFORE i install the 'master suite' and the related expansions?

I know I am coming across as a 'technoramus' and i am sorry. i am just doing this for my daughter as her laptop was stolen and I need to restall SIms3 for her and i dont have the cds anymore.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 21 Feb 2012, 17:06

Hello,
No problem, we're here to help. It indeed isn't called "base game", look for "The Sims 3".
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 20:09

So far so good Smile

I assume I shouldn't click 'yes, to install the latest EA Download manager'??

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Feb 2012, 20:11

Hello,

You only need it to update via EA's servers, but I recommend using the manual patch instead.
So no, you do not need it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 21:01

would i need to update manually a lot then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Feb 2012, 21:05

Hello,

No, only once, if you're out-dated.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 21:08

after dl and extracting the expansions do I then do 'autorun'

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 21 Feb 2012, 21:09

Hello,
You can double click setup to start the installer.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top