Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Will Not Save

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Will Not Save Empty The Sims 4 Will Not Save

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 01:36

Okay so I have tried many, many, many, MANY strategies to fix this problem. I've reinstalled the game bunches of times, I've moved saves, moved mods, and nothing works. When I play the game in live mode, I cannot save at all, I get a 510 error code. But If I enter a household in build mode first, I can build and save as much as I want. I've tried playing in live mode, then went to build mode to save, it didn't work. So I can build all day long and save but not play in live mode at all. What's wrong with my game?? 

The only packs I've installed are:

The Sims 4
Get to Work
Get Together
City Living
Update 1.29.69.1020 (Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling)
Parenthood
Fitness Stuff
Toddlers Stuff
Cats & Dogs

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Will Not Save Empty Re: The Sims 4 Will Not Save

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 10:40

It seems to be mods-related.
Move (not copy) your folder The Sims 4 in Documentes\Electronic Arts to your desktop.
Then start game again.
All your Sims/Houses/etc are temporarily gone.
When the game performs well now, you can copy the folders saves and tray from the folder on your desktop to the newly created The Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 17:20

Tarac wrote:It seems to be mods-related.
Move (not copy) your folder The Sims 4 in Documentes\Electronic Arts to your desktop.
Then start game again.
All your Sims/Houses/etc are temporarily gone.
When the game performs well now, you can copy the folders saves and tray from the folder on your desktop to the newly created The Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.

I don't think it's mod related, I've moved my Sims 4 folder from documents to desktop before and and moved everything back to the new folder except mods but nothing changed. And when I create a new game, it works with mods just fine and lets me save. It must be something wrong with my main save file, but I don't know what's wrong with it and I don't want to lose my progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 18:30

Do it again, this time move back saves only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 19:12

anadius wrote:Do it again, this time move back saves only.

Thank you for suggestion ! Surprisingly that worked, but does that mean I can't play with mods on my saves that have progress? Because I've ran them through mod conflict detectors and everything and my mods work with new created games on the sims. Is it a good idea to move my mods back or ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 19:17

You said you've got everything up to Cats & Dogs. That means your game version is 1.36.102.1020. The newest version of the game is 1.48.94.1020. Mods created for newer version won't work with older version. Download the rest of G4TW releases (there's "All Games4theworld downloads" button at the top of the forum) and install them or if you don't want other DLCs you can just update your game using my repack: https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-alternative-installer-v2-download-only-what-you-need-even-smaller-than-before

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 19:29

anadius wrote:You said you've got everything up to Cats & Dogs. That means your game version is 1.36.102.1020. The newest version of the game is 1.48.94.1020. Mods created for newer version won't work with older version. Download the rest of G4TW releases (there's "All Games4theworld downloads" button at the top of the forum) and install them or if you don't want other DLCs you can just update your game using my repack: https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-alternative-installer-v2-download-only-what-you-need-even-smaller-than-before

Hey thank you so much I thought I'd never get this resolved I didn't even have the slightest idea that that would be the problem lol. So if I download everything I can just delete G4TW's Sims 4? And would my saves work with your repack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 19:33

Yes, but there's no need to. Just install my repack on top of what you already have. Just read "what to download" section. First you want to update the game. Then you can install missing DLCs in any order you want. And yes, your saves will work fine. The only difference between my repack and G4TW releases is how they are packed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 19:45

Okay I will just do that then Smile Thanks a bunch !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top