Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Closes at Startup (Strangerville Update)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Closes at Startup (Strangerville Update) Empty Sims 4 Closes at Startup (Strangerville Update)

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 18:51

Hi, IK it's probably a dumb mistake on my part, but since I updated the game with the Strangerville expansion, it won't open at all. I mean it boots up for a second and closes immediately. Ive tried removing my saves and mods folder, Ive checked my drivers, I've checked my antivirus which is not blocking any files, hell I even tried running it in compatibility and as an admin and that of course didn't do anything. I'm kind of confuses as it doesn't even give me an error message to work from. Anyway, here's the log from validator if that can help. I'd really appreciate if someone could help me fix this as i'm very aware I **** up somewhere along the way lol.
Thank you!

report:

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Closes at Startup (Strangerville Update) Empty Re: Sims 4 Closes at Startup (Strangerville Update)

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 19:17

And how exactly did you "update"? Because the folder you selected in validator is missing base game and all DLCs (except for StrangerVille).

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Closes at Startup (Strangerville Update) Empty Re: Sims 4 Closes at Startup (Strangerville Update)

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 19:21

I updated the same way I usually do, meaning I just copy the files from the update to my folder and replace the overlapping files when prompted to. I honestly don't know what happened but I'm guessing i'll just have to re-install the whole thing lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 19:27

Well it looks like you deleted all EP/FP/GP/SP folders and Data folder and then copied StrangerVille because Delta folder is fine. So yeah, just reinstall everything. If you deleted those releases already you can use my repack, it will be smaller to download.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Closes at Startup (Strangerville Update) Empty The Sims 4 1.50 update

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2019, 20:39

I'm having the same issue. The game opens then closes, no error message, it just closes. I used the 1.50 update downloader. I have everything up to date until I installed the Sims 4 installer. How do I fix my game so it opens up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2019, 20:49

metechops wrote:I'm having the same issue. The game opens then closes, no error message, it just closes. I used the 1.50 update downloader. I have everything up to date until I installed the Sims 4 installer. How do I fix my game so it opens up.
You mean my repack? If yes, then you installed it to the wrong folder. Move files you installed to the folder where your game was previously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2019, 02:23

do you have any mods who are outdated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top