Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install in the "wrong" order?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install in the "wrong" order? Empty How to install in the "wrong" order?

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 11:12

Hi, everyone. So... I accidentally missed the Jungle Adventures update and only realised it last night. Otherwise, I have every other pack from G4TW installed, all the way to Strangerville. Is there any way I could just install the Jungle Adventures "into" my game? Maybe add it on, and then reinstall Strangerville to "update" it to where it's supposed to be? Or do I have to reinstall everything from Jungle Adventures through the rest of the updates until the most recent one...?

Back to top Go down

How to install in the "wrong" order? Empty Re: How to install in the "wrong" order?

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 12:51

Reinstalling everything from Jungle Adventure is the safest way.

You can also run the validator (uncheck "quick scan"!) and post the result here and then I'll tell you what files you need to extract from "The Sims 4 - Jungle Adventure.rar".

Back to top Go down

How to install in the "wrong" order? Empty Re: How to install in the "wrong" order?

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 13:25

It's not even the reinstalling part that terrifies me, it's rather the 'waiting for it all to download again' part...

Anyway, here goes:

report:

The list isn't as long as I would expect, so I understand I gotta get the missing files from the 'gp06' folder as listed above, but what is that about the 'sp14' and 'delta/sp13' folders? Should I be worried about that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 14:02

GP06 is Jungle Adventure
SP14 is My First Pet Stuff - you're also missing this one
Files in Delta folder are updates for DLCs. SP13 is Laundry Day Stuff.

Tell me what files you have already downloaded. If you have "The Sims 4 - Jungle Adventure.rar", extract just the "GP06" folder from it. If you don't have it, download it from my repack (it will be much smaller). And if you want My First Pet Stuff - you can also download it from my repack.

The rest of missing/corrupted files are small and I'll just send you the link in PW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 15:28

Alright, thanks! Should I copy the whole 'GP06' & 'SP14' folder and overwrite the files, then update again with Strangerville, or should I only copy the files that I'm missing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 15:31

Just extract and overwrite the folder. BUT if you want to have My First Pet Stuff you need to extract "SP14" folder from "The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff.rar" (4.36GB) or install it using my repack ("_setup-1.50.67.1020.exe" + "dlc-sp14-my-first-pet-stuff.xbin" = ~100MB).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 15:37

I'm sorry if I'm being mighty stupid, but if I can overwrite the whole 'GP06' folder with 'old' files from the 'The Sims 4 - Jungle Adventure.rar', then what are the strings from the next updates for? Should I put Strangerville on top of it once I'm done copying the missing files, to get the strings up to date or...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 15:40

Those are just language files and they are never updated. As I told before, updates for DLCs are in "Delta" folder. Wink G4TW releases have all of the language files just in case someone is using another version of the game that's English only. There's no need to apply StrangerVille again. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 15:46

Ooooh, I see! Thank you! You have been most helpful! Let me see if it works...

Aaand, they're live! Thanks so much! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Mar 2019, 19:36

HarmoniaChimera wrote:I'm sorry if I'm being mighty stupid, but if I can overwrite the whole 'GP06' folder with 'old' files from the 'The Sims 4 - Jungle Adventure.rar', then what are the strings from the next updates for? 

In addition to what anadius said, you have to view it from the perspective of the time that this thing was released; if I remember correctly, sometime in early 2018. These updates contain ALL (new) files relating to an update/DLC, at the time of their release. From the perspective of March 2019 with a bunch of newer DLCs out in the meantime, sure it looks like "some files of the old DLCs are obsolete". But it's the way the system works. 

Technically, one could apply (almost) the same argument to say something related, like: "well, in fact all of the past torrent releases have become obsolete, and it would be easier to have an all-in-one solution that is updated every time". But then you'd have to re-download 30+GB each time. Surely not a cool outlook for most people. But it is still something that is done by some other repackers/uploaders.

And since we focus on torrents in the first place, you can't retro-actively edit/update existing torrents, once released. Even if it was technically doable...not sure how exactly that would look like in practice.

Not sure which method you ended up using (either re-applying the stuff from Jungle Adventures onwards, or the anadius stuff), but if you only missed one or two DLC, it would be more efficient to use anadius stuff. Which I believe I highlighted at the beginning of the TS4 Must-Read Guide:

G4TW wrote:
Check out the downloads from @anadius, which allow you to be more selective as to which individual items you want to have installed.

Edit: yes, I said in that context that the notice was primarily intended for "new" users, which doesn't seem to apply to you. I will later on amend the text a bit, to include that you can also use these anadius-items, if you somehow missed out on some updates in-between.

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2019, 10:54

Hi, Gh0stm4n!
Actually, I did something in between, which was, I downloaded G4TW repacks of Jungle Adventures and First Pet Stuff as anadius mentioned (big! but I already had them running just in case while I was waiting for a reply), and then followed his instructions as to copying only the folders I was missing from these two updates. I imagine if I used his repacks, it would go much faster, if you don't count the time it would take me to learn how to use them in the first place because I tend to prefer to use things I'm familiar with. Anyway, it seems to be working very well so far! So this is also an option on the table, though I imagine en masse it would be difficult to make sure people extract only the folders they need. (But if you're thinking of writing a guide for blind and slow people like me...)

And since you mention the guide, it also says that you have to install the packs in the right order, which was precisely why I wasn't sure if I could have just sneakily slide in two small packs into the existing "full" installation Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Mar 2019, 12:48

HarmoniaChimera wrote:(...) And since you mention the guide, it also says that you have to install the packs in the right order, which was precisely why I wasn't sure if I could have just sneakily slide in two small packs into the existing "full" installation Wink

I could add a note that if a pack in the order was missed out, they can re-apply the missed pack, but then also have to (re-)apply all subsequent DLCs listed on the guide, and in the correct order. Given the overall number of DLCs these days that can be hassle, but let's see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top