Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to install Ambitions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to install Ambitions. Empty Unable to install Ambitions.

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2019, 21:47

Hi, 

So I extracted The Sims 3 Complete Collection into my documents, installed the base game, and now when I try to move onto installing Sims 3 ambitions it says 

"The Sims 3 needs to be updated before this product can be installed. Setup will now attempt to update The Sims 3. Do you wish to continue?"  

but when I click Yes, it says "Error with The Sims 3 update. Setup is unable to continue." Wat.  Why is this? 
Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Unable to install Ambitions. Empty Re: Unable to install Ambitions.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Apr 2019, 22:03

Rachelxox wrote:Hi, 

So I extracted The Sims 3 Complete Collection into my documents, installed the base game, and now when I try to move onto installing Sims 3 ambitions it says 

"The Sims 3 needs to be updated before this product can be installed. Setup will now attempt to update The Sims 3. Do you wish to continue?"  

but when I click Yes, it says "Error with The Sims 3 update. Setup is unable to continue." Wat.  Why is this? 
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I haven't used this download in quite a while. Or rather, I still have TS3 installed on my current PC, but I don't have the original source download anymore, so I could not tell what exactly the instructions say.

I'm assuming you downloaded that .rar file, that has installers for the base game plus every DLC. What you need to do after installing the base game is, to go inside the folder #Crack, included in the download, and look for the file that is about 1.6GB in filesize. This is your "update file", that you simply double-click on, and basically wait until it's done.

After that try installing the other DLCs again. Good luck!  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top