Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED]

Post by grieralexander Thu 06 Jun 2019, 01:40

First topic message reminder :

According to few online Sims 4 retailers, the newest expansion pack will be Island Living. Other's had mentioned Island Paradise as a name. What it entails as far as game play is still a mystery. Some say it will bring the capacity to be able to swim on shorelines, etc. If the new world would be a vacation world or a regular living world?, your guess is as good as mine. Take this as a widespread rumor, until proven otherwise, since EA has not made an official announcement concerning their next EP in the series. WHat we know for now is that they are doing a complete overhaul of the game in June, in which they will discontinue support for 32 bit systems. As I come acroos reliable information, I would kepp you informed. Good job!

Gatekeeper Edit: topic title slightly improved/updated.

- The_gh0stm4n
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Jun 2019, 23:48

Unesty wrote:-No swimming in the ocean outside of Sulani.
-The open worldish thing is like the rest of the game, just a lot more ocean space than other worlds so we can use aqua zips and canoes. You can move freely inside the neighborhoods, not Sulani.

(...)

-You still have loading screens to travel from lot to lot, you can just use the aqua zips and canoes to move around the neighborhood without changing the lot.

(...)

Don't expect too much from the pack so you won't be disappointed.

Well, at least the DLC attempts to give a feeling of summer/vacation/etc. And that's all that counts!!111  Haters gonna hate

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED]

Post by Sim Architect Thu 13 Jun 2019, 09:13

Yes, and if we want a better game we can always go back to The Sims 3, or Minecraft...

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] - Page 2 Giphy10

Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Thu 13 Jun 2019, 16:10

Yep, I still play The Sims 2 and 3, even Castaway Stories and Sims Medivel. Everyone of the Sims games has something special I like in them.

I also get castaway vibes from this pack. The island culture, volcano, living off the grid thing.
Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Jun 2019, 16:23

By the way, does anybody have any idea why they are abandoning their (in advance well-advertised) "The Sims 4 will now benefit from its 64-bit exclusivity"? And especially on such short notice?

A marketing gag? In this instance, I doubt it.

My guess is that during their testing they found some sort of technical problem, and are now rolling back/postponing this switch to "64-bit mode only".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2019, 17:13

IMO they don't have to change anything to make it work so it's not a technical issue. They already have 64-bit support so it's not like they are introducing something new. They are removing something old. So all 32-bit binaries will be gone. That's it.

As for why they postponed it - there was probably outcry from 32-bit players that they want to play Island Living. That's all. Instead of dropping 32-bit support before new expansion pack they will probably drop it after.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Jun 2019, 17:40

anadius wrote:IMO they don't have to change anything to make it work so it's not a technical issue. They already have 64-bit support so it's not like they are introducing something new. They are removing something old. So all 32-bit binaries will be gone. That's it.

As for why they postponed it - there was probably outcry from 32-bit players that they want to play Island Living. That's all. Instead of dropping 32-bit support before new expansion pack they will probably drop it after.

Very good input!!

Though I had no idea that the "32-bit army" is still so large in 2019. An additional explanation is I think, that some of these "influencers" (C- or D-level celebrities in essence) made their voices count, and had an influence in that decision.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 18 Jun 2019, 19:01

The_gh0stm4n wrote:By the way, does anybody have any idea why they are abandoning their (in advance well-advertised) "The Sims 4 will now benefit from its 64-bit exclusivity"? And especially on such short notice?

A marketing gag? In this instance, I doubt it.

My guess is that during their testing they found some sort of technical problem, and are now rolling back/postponing this switch to "64-bit mode only".

A number of you have asked about the legacy edition. We have decided to postpone the legacy update for TS4 for now. All players will be able to buy and enjoy the Island Living Expansion Pack when it launches June 21.
— Michael Duke (@SimGuruDuke) June 11, 2019

I guess they want to sell more Island Paradise with all the hype about the Expansion and since they've also announced Magic being the next GP. According to some of the game changers they've gotten quite a bit of criticism. As far as Island Paradise, after all the videos I've seen from gamechangers and their comments, I really do not have high hopes for this new EP. They are following the trail of Sims 3; however, a lot is lacking. I watch a game play in which it looked like a huge pool and you ave to go to designated rabbitholes for the diving experience. What about under the sea experience for a merkin? Hmmm, sure?
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2019, 20:27

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Wed 19 Jun 2019, 21:39

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

The water in that lake is so perfectly clear...like in a fairy tale.  Razz
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Thu 20 Jun 2019, 05:02

Update: As with all the patches, the pre-Island Paradise would be no exception for broken mods and bugs... Most script mods, need to be updated. The new 350 some door colors did not come without a price: a new bug, which makes doors disappear, even in community and apartment buildings! Hopefully, they will get an earful before the release and fix it? Or maybe will get a new batch fix in Sims Studio? Be aware that the tan lines do not work with all CC skins and tones.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Jun 2019, 21:26

I'll give you all a hint, because I am a 'nice'-person.

The fewer of you try downloading this from ZLOrigin (and I'm sure a lot of you are, at the moment)...the faster there will be a G4TW-repack. But then again, your decision of course where you get your stuff from.

Good luck.

What a Face
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Jun 2019, 10:52

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2019, 12:40

Can't wait to play, it looks good! Awesome Emote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2019, 12:44

I'm impatiently waiting for it. Being in the UK sucks at times, having to wait longer for it

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Jun 2019, 13:10

tamikonatsu wrote:I'm impatiently waiting for it. Being in the UK sucks at times, having to wait longer for it

If it gives you any solace, you're just one hour behind my own timezone, so it's not like you'll miss out on that much.  Haters gonna hate  Unless you happen to fall victim to some of these paranormal phenomena where you find yourself in some weird "time loop".

What a Face
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top