Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persistent Screenshot Bug.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Persistent Screenshot Bug. Empty Persistent Screenshot Bug.

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2019, 16:17

I've been playing TS4 for quite a while and there's an annoyingly recurring bug where I can't take screenshots with the C key. The last occurrence was about three months ago and it suddenly returned last week. It has been a few days since I last installed mods/CC when the bug came back. I have absolutely no idea why this happens and I've tried *everything* from clearing out my game folder, making a new save, starting without the mods folder, rolling back/reinstalling graphic drivers, and even a complete reinstall.

I tried finding solutions on the forums.thesims but nothing there worked. The worst part is that the last time this happens, the bug was just suddenly gone.

I can take live mode screenshots the old "print screen" way but not for CAS and literally everything else. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Persistent Screenshot Bug. Empty Re: Persistent Screenshot Bug.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2019, 21:53

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

My guess is that it's just a bug. A workaround could involve playing in windowed mode like I do, and then using third-party screenshot apps such as Lightshot.

Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't offer any other remedies either, except one piece of general advice: unless a bug is truly game-breaking, and you have exhausted all other options, I would advise to refrain from "uninstalling and reinstalling" anything, under Windows OS. The procedures involving installation of software are just too prone to malfunctioning, so you could end up doing more harm than good that way.

Like, a recommended step is to re-boot after uninstalling something...a step that most people are unfamiliar with.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jul 2019, 09:45

I might try that. Usually I use SRWE and take screenshots with the C key to make high resolution edits, but it doesn't seem Lightshot is capable of that (or does it?). Thanks for the suggestion anyways!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jul 2019, 10:51

Hi, it's been a while since this bug started. I have started Malwarebytes to clean up, in case this is caused by malware. No effect. Still couldn't take screenshots with the C key.

I just remembered that when this bug happens, the screenshot manager window always pops up, showing the 'screenshot captured' message. Otherwise (when screenshots are saved) this window never pops up. Is this relevant in some way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top