Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error Code 3 is persistent after applying latest fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error Code 3 is persistent after applying latest fix Empty Error Code 3 is persistent after applying latest fix

Post by Guest Thu 16 Nov 2017, 07:21

Hi everyone,

I stopped playing TS4 many months ago because I encountered the endless loading screen issue and couldn't seem to fix it. Yesterday I decided to give it another go. To sum it up: Yesterday, the endless loading screen issue was still there after installing all the downloadable TS4 content on the Games4TheWorld page. I followed the "How to install the sims 4 correctly instructions", but alas the issue persisted. 
Today I decided to start from scratch. I uninstalled everything and followed the guidelines again, making sure I renamed the Game folder too. Once I was done, I was greeted with the Error Code 3 message immediately upon loading up the game. I tried moving my folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\, I downloaded and replaced the Game folder with the one I downloaded from Endless household loading screen fix , I ran the 32 and 64 bit versions, but nothing seems to work and I'm running out of ideas.

The only thing I can think of is that renaming the Game folder after each DLC installation could perhaps be causing the issue? I noticed the How to install the sims 4 correctly guide mentioned renaming the folder only after the Toddlers, Vampires, and Bowling Stuff installation, but each DLC says in its installation guide that the folder should be renamed before installing each one. I don't know, just an idea.

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Error Code 3 is persistent after applying latest fix Empty Re: Error Code 3 is persistent after applying latest fix

Post by Guest Fri 17 Nov 2017, 00:58

I was having pretty much the same issue, sans everything that happened post-reinstall because there's no way i'm reinstalling all of that unless I know it's gonna work, lol.  I don't know if reinstalling affects the mods folder or not, but I just tried removing all my CC and it worked!
I kind of really like having CC though, so I'm gonna see if it's anything specific in there causing it or of it's just the presence of CC in general. I suspect it's the latter. I'll report back afterwards.

EDIT: It's not all of the CC! Now I gotta go through all my mods and see which ones are and aren't breaking it :') Also I'm not even sure that I have the same issue, or if it's something different with the same symptoms. I would still recommend checking your mods folder just in case, though!

Last edited by WaapFu on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 01:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information to give)

Back to top Go down

Error Code 3 is persistent after applying latest fix Empty Re: Error Code 3 is persistent after applying latest fix

Post by Guest Fri 17 Nov 2017, 02:06

I'm positive that mods or CC aren't causing the issue. I haven't used mods or CC in the Sims 4 at all so it's gotta be something else...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Nov 2017, 17:38

//MOVED

Hello @gaby2900,

Just to be sure: you DELETED the old "Game"-folder, before you put the new one in? Because it's not going to work if you simply merge the new folder with the old one.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Nov 2017, 20:18

Have you attempted to move it to Program Files (the normal one)?

-Kanji

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Nov 2017, 20:23

Did you run the Error code 3 fix? And yes, you should replace the game folder only after toddlers and before parenthood. Delete that folder before putting the new one in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top