Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about uploading to the gallery?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about uploading to the gallery? Empty Question about uploading to the gallery?

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:00

Are we able to do it? A friend of mine asked me to build her a lot. She doesnt know i use the G4TW repack, so she just told me to upload to the gallery. Is that possible?

Back to top Go down

Question about uploading to the gallery? Empty Re: Question about uploading to the gallery?

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:03

No. You need to own legit game.

Save your lot to the library. Use Tray Importer to export your lot and send it to your friend. And then tell her to extract it to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray".

Back to top Go down

Question about uploading to the gallery? Empty Re: Question about uploading to the gallery?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:13

kayreen85 wrote:Are we able to do it? A friend of mine asked me to build her a lot. She doesnt know i use the G4TW repack, so she just told me to upload to the gallery. Is that possible?

The "Tray Importer" is the easiest way to extract that stuff indeed:
https://luniversims.com/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/

But you can also sort your items in the folder by the date they were created. Right-click someplace inside the folder, then choose Sort by => Date modified. Then pick all files inside the folder, with the most recent creation date, which (usually) make up the house that you most recently created. Only problem with that method is, people may be prone to "overlooking" individual files, and thereby not completely pack the files necessary for a house.

I would still recommend at least trying that "technique", could be of use in other instances too. Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:15

Oh, i know how to extract the files but i think she might have trouble installing them lol ugh.. now i have to explain to her why i cant use the gallery haha.. thanks again guys

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:31

kayreen85 wrote:Oh, i know how to extract the files but i think she might have trouble installing them lol ugh.. now i have to explain to her why i cant use the gallery haha.. thanks again guys

If you didn't create the house, your friend might ask for your Origin ID along the way. And even if you put your privacy settings such that nobody can see the games that you own...you might have to do some explaining either way.

Someone on here once said that the "TS4 community" is extremely against piracy. You might want to bear that in mind.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:35

Oh no, i totally get that. Hence why i stay clear of the gallery. I guess there isnt any real issue with me extracting the files. If she has trouble installing it once im done i can just give her step by step guide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:35

Oh, and by default the name of the author will be "CODEX". So you might want to change it in "Game\Bin\codex.cfg" file before saving your lot to the library. Just tell your friend you didn't and don't want to upload anything to the gallery in case they try searching the name you set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:39

So change the codex part to a name my friend can recognize in her library? So save it as kayreen85.cfg?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:41

No. Open that file in text editor and change
Code:
"Persona"            "CODEX"
to, for example
Code:
"Persona"            "kayreen85"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:52

Ah.. alright Smile thank you so much

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top