Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Store Fixes for Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with Store Fixes for Sims 3 Empty Problems with Store Fixes for Sims 3

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2019, 01:12

Hello.

Firstly I would like to thank the team of this page for all the content provided and the work behind and the support given to players. I tried to install following the instructions two sets of Store content for Sims 3. It was the Greenhouse_SET (Update 43) and the BakersBazaarBakery (Update 58). So I install the Sims3Pack files with the launcher. I also follow the steps about Store Fixes. When I open the game the objects seems to work... however I found the next things:

-In buy mode, in the section with the icon of a football ball, in the subsection of party: I find duplicated the birthday cake and the wedding cake, it means I have 2 of each, with the difference that one seems to be recognised by the game as Store content while the other is recognised by the game as custom content (bag icon and flower icon on the corners of thumbnails).
-Also in build mode: I found 1 invisible thumbnail in the section of windows, 6 in the section of garden fences and 5 new fences. The invisible ones I just cannot even place them. They are like broken objects in the catalogue.

Because the problem seemed to be connected with the BakersBazaarBakery (Update 58) I decided to remove that one and stay only with Greenhouse_SET. But them I still have the bugs mentioned before, with the difference that instead of having 4 cakes, I have in the same section 2 spheric silver balls with the names of the cakes (obviously without functionality).

I think I read there is not more support for this Store Fixes... So I tried to find help all over the internet but I didn't find any solution. I wonder if someone knowing about mods and fixes and that sort of thing could touch the fixes files and find what it is causing this to the game.

By the way, in the thread by KT (kissing toast) in MATY talking about this type of fixes, it seems that KT was already finding this duplicated cake thing. But nobody repair it.

Sorry for the long text. Thank you for you attention.

Gatekeeper Edit: moved to "The Sims 3 Support".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Problems with Store Fixes for Sims 3 Empty Re: Problems with Store Fixes for Sims 3

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Jul 2019, 17:09

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

While I can't offer direct advice about the store fixes, the things that you pointed out (invisible thumbnails, duplicate items) are not related to store fixes, but rather a glitch with the store items themselves. Sure it's annoying, but I myself just ignore those.

I know, I know, certain people want it perfect. You could tinker with programs such as S3PE (Sims 3 Package Editor) maybe, or other tools, to correct these flaws, but I'm afraid I can't help further with that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problems with Store Fixes for Sims 3 Empty Re: Problems with Store Fixes for Sims 3

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2019, 18:11

Thank you for your reply. The thing is that when I put the objects they don't have any of those problems at all. They even work fine, but just some accessories are invisible (like the magnifying glass in the gardening centre). So to fix that it is when I put the store fixes, and it is then when the related weird problems start. That is why I thought it was related with the store fixes, not with the objects themselves.

I did try to touch something in S3PE but my knowledge of that matter is really limitated. 

Thank you again anyway for taking the trouble to reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Aug 2019, 18:21

Someone wrote in earlier thread this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35026-sims-3-complete-store-collection-issues-invisible-bodies#204119

Not related to the issues that you described, but yes.

We were planning a remake of The Sims 3 store that would possibly be presented in a different (file) format, but since the person taking on the project is still preoccupied with other issues in real-life, that project needed to be put on hold. Then again, I believe that 98% of these issues are due to general glitches with the store items themselves and EA not bothering to fix any of these, because back in 2014 they decided to rush The Sims 4 out of the door, instead of working on the partially-broken TS3.

And if you followed The Sims 4, you may know how "well" the game has been (and still is) received, to this day. Too bad.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top