Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Mods folder etc. on D: drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Mods folder etc. on D: drive Empty Sims 4 Mods folder etc. on D: drive

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2019, 13:57

Hi! 

My SSD drive is getting short on memory and I'd like to completely put my game in the D: drive. 
The game itself is installed in my D: drive already, following your instructions.
My regular folder however, with mods and tray files etc. won't move to my D: drive and I really want it to seeing I've got quite a lot of CC that I treasure and wouldn't want to delete...
So the question is, how do I get THAT folder to work and stay on just my D: drive?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Mods folder etc. on D: drive Empty Re: Sims 4 Mods folder etc. on D: drive

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2019, 15:10

You need to create a symbolic link. I'll make it a bit easier for you:

1. Move you real folder to D: drive.
2. Download this and put in "Documents\Electronic Arts":
Code:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/466907879409188865/619156753959092234/symlink_data_folder_here.bat
3. Run "symlink_data_folder_here.bat".
4. Drag and drop your real folder to the opened window and press Enter.
5. Done! Go play the game!

@Edit: this .bat file will create "The Sims 4" symlink. If you play in language that uses another name for that folder, just rename it.

Last edited by anadius on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 21:44; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Mods folder etc. on D: drive Empty Re: Sims 4 Mods folder etc. on D: drive

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2019, 16:13

anadius wrote:You need to create a symbolic link. I'll make it a bit easier for you:

1. Move you real folder to D: drive.
2. Download this and put in "Documents\Electronic Arts":
Code:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/466907879409188865/619156753959092234/symlink_data_folder_here.bat
3. Run "symlink_data_folder_here.bat".
4. Drag and drop your real folder to the opened window and press Enter.
5. Done! Go play the game!

Thank you so much! In all stress I accidentally deleted my whole Sims so I'm now redownloading it and trying this <3
I tried the Properties way to move it but it wouldn't let me bc there's supposedly already a similair folder I can't delete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2019, 16:57

You could move whole Documents folder. In Windows 10 (and 8 probably too) just right click on it, properties, location, move. Or something like this. In Windows 7 there were those libraries so it's done a bit differently but still doable.

But making symlink for just the "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" will work fine too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2019, 16:58

anadius wrote:You could move whole Documents folder. In Windows 10 (and 8 probably too) just right click on it, properties, location, move. Or something like this. In Windows 7 there were those libraries so it's done a bit differently but still doable.

But making symlink for just the "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" will work fine too.
Yeah I tried that but it said I couldn't move it because a similair folder already excisted so I'll try the one you send first!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top