Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds have disappeared after moving Sims 4 folder to D:drive where all the expansion packs were

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worlds have disappeared after moving Sims 4 folder to D:drive where all the expansion packs were Empty Worlds have disappeared after moving Sims 4 folder to D:drive where all the expansion packs were

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2019, 04:32

Shalon. I"m hoping that someone will have a suggestion. I extracted all of the files that contained the three new updates, which includes University, and I saved them to the Sims 4 game folder in my D:Drive. I then moved the Sims 4 folder from the C:drive, located in Programs x86, to the D drive. The game loaded, and I was able to see that the updates applied, the new worlds are there, but for some reason worlds like Island living have disappeared, and my mouse cursor is invisible. So I turned around and extracted the Island living file I had and replaced the files in the game folder, just as I did with the other expansions. So, now, nothing is starting when I try to play the game, and I receive an error telling me about origin, and I am at a loss to know what to do next. My saved games are saved in the document folder in C. As long as I don't delete that folder, I am hoping that all my games are saved, and perhaps all I need to do is delete and reinstall the game files in D, IN ORDER. The problem is, I don't know what files to delete and still have the base game to build back upon. I would like to include some photos in this post, but I don't know how.

Back to top Go down

Worlds have disappeared after moving Sims 4 folder to D:drive where all the expansion packs were Empty Re: Worlds have disappeared after moving Sims 4 folder to D:drive where all the expansion packs were

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2019, 00:10

Hello and welcome!

You probably will need to change registry entries.

Press the Windows key + R. Type "regedit" in the small window, and hit Enter.
Now edit the drive letter under "GDFBinary"and "InstallDir", here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4

And edit the drive letter under "GDFBinary", "GDFBinary64" and "InstallDir", here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Worlds have disappeared after moving Sims 4 folder to D:drive where all the expansion packs were Empty Re: Worlds have disappeared after moving Sims 4 folder to D:drive where all the expansion packs were

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2019, 01:12

I went ahead and deleted the default.ini file and the game THANKFULLY started up. However, the game icons on the startup screen showed that I didnt own all the expansion packs, and only 4 worlds were being seen, and there were a lot of glitches even in what loaded. So I had to go in and redownload the missing extensions and extract them, and then I copied and pasted all of the game files into the folder where the active ts464.exe is. When I started back up the game after doing this, although I still received errors telling me that content was missing, all the worlds except for strangerville are back (strangerville was no real loss anyway), including the 3 new updates I downloaded.

//EDIT

I will STILL go ahead and do the step you mentioned for backup so that perhaps it might fix any further isssues. THanks itchiestichies.

//EDIT

By the way, I do not have this folder in my registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4

//EDIT

Something Im noticing is that my Sims have black plumbobs instead of green ones above their head, and a lot of things are pitch black in the game, especially the screen where you customize the sim. So, not sure what to do about that, but Im just so relieved that I havent lost EVERYTHING, not really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2019, 07:04

shyraliz20 wrote:By the way, I do not have this folder in my registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4

Did you leave anything in the C drive? I also play from the D: drive, as my C drive is only a small SSD, but there is still a folder in C:\Users\[me]\Documents for Electronic Arts. I wonder if moving that may have caused the issue.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough to help much more than I have. Hopefully someone else can step in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2019, 07:07

Actually, I found out today that my documents folder has always been in the D:drive, so I did not have to move it, so that is not the cause of the issue.

//EDIT

If anyone wishes to know the fix for this, I had to move all of the files out of the "tray" in the game folder and into a temporary folder on my desktop. Then I had to copy and paste all the files from the new updates into the game folder, and everything is fine now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2019, 00:39

shyraliz20 wrote:If anyone wishes to know the fix for this, I had to move all of the files out of the "tray" in the game folder and into a temporary folder on my desktop. Then I had to copy and paste all the files from the new updates into the game folder, and everything is fine now.

So glad you figured it out! Happy simming!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2019, 03:28

If only I weren't being sarcastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top