Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zlclient works, but Zlorigin opens as the regular origin and requires a login. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zlclient works, but Zlorigin opens as the regular origin and requires a login. [SOLVED] Empty Zlclient works, but Zlorigin opens as the regular origin and requires a login. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2019, 06:21

I made sure that the EA version of origin was uninstalled, and I turned my firewall off. When I open the  origin.exe in the zlorigin folder it requires me to login, and then says it needs updated. Weirdly enough, I used to be able to open zlorigin and at some point in the last few weeks it began requiring me to login. I have cleared the cache and deleted all the files from the zclient folder except the zclient.exe, yet it hasn't seemed to fix it. Any help would be great! I can play the Sims 4 through the zclient, I'd just like to update it so that I can play Realm of Magic

Back to top Go down

Zlclient works, but Zlorigin opens as the regular origin and requires a login. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zlclient works, but Zlorigin opens as the regular origin and requires a login. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:00

Reinstal ZLOrigin. An NEVER start it without ZClient running.

Back to top Go down

Zlclient works, but Zlorigin opens as the regular origin and requires a login. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zlclient works, but Zlorigin opens as the regular origin and requires a login. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Sep 2019, 16:16

There might be another possible explanation for this phenomenon. If you log into ZClient.exe and "very quickly after that" (note my quotation marks) open the ZLOrigin.exe, you could get the same type of error. Admittedly it might not be related to your particular case though.

But what I do is log into ZClient, then wait 10 seconds or so, and then open the actual ZLOrigin. Should it fail, then follow anadius's advice on un-installing and re-installing.

I don't use ZLOrigin much myself though, anymore. Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2019, 17:57

anadius wrote:Reinstal ZLOrigin. An NEVER start it without ZClient running.

Unfortunately I've tried this a few times and it doesn't seem to fix the error :\

//EDIT

The_gh0stm4n wrote:There might be another possible explanation for this phenomenon. If you log into ZClient.exe and "very quickly after that" (note my quotation marks) open the ZLOrigin.exe, you could get the same type of error. Admittedly it might not be related to your particular case though.

But what I do is log into ZClient, then wait 10 seconds or so, and then open the actual ZLOrigin. Should it fail, then follow anadius's advice on un-installing and re-installing.

I don't use ZLOrigin much myself though, anymore. Haters gonna hate
......That actually worked. I'm kinda annoyed it was that easy! Thanks so much!

[not]Problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to get back in toucn with us again anytime, if you need more help!

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top