Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endless household loading screen. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Endless household loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Endless household loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 21 Feb 2018, 20:43

Hey guys! I just installed the Cats & Dogs expansion pack. I downloaded it on January 20th and had not been able to install it until now due to being busy. Followed all of the instructions while doing so. However I am having an issue with the household never loading. I have followed the steps provided here. I had this issue before so my game folders were already adjusted from the previous time I troubleshooted the issue. I'm not sure if there has been an update since I downloaded the expansion pack a month ago. Can someone help please?  Talk to my rite hand Why God.

Back to top Go down

Endless household loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Endless household loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 22 Feb 2018, 00:00

Jessica_Revolver wrote:Hey guys! I just installed the Cats & Dogs expansion pack. I downloaded it on January 20th and had not been able to install it until now due to being busy. Followed all of the instructions while doing so. However I am having an issue with the household never loading. I have followed the steps provided here. I had this issue before so my game folders were already adjusted from the previous time I troubleshooted the issue. I'm not sure if there has been an update since I downloaded the expansion pack a month ago. Can someone help please?  Talk to my rite hand Why God.

Hello again,

If you did that fix for the 'endless loading' in the past already, you should normally not have to do it again (a.k.a. subsequent "Game"-folders included in our torrents can be simply merged into your existing TS4 installation).

If you got the error nonetheless, make sure to delete ALL your "Game" and/or "Game_" folders you may have, inside your TS4 install folder. Then look again here and scroll all the way down to III.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-game-folders-version-1-39-74-1020

Please fetch the "Game"-folder, where it says it is for Cats & Dogs. Because the main link in the post always points to the folder for the newest update, which as of now is version 1.39 (Cats & Dogs is only 1.36).

Good luck!

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Endless household loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Endless household loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb 2018, 17:59

Hello, I went ahead and follow the steps as you stated and I am still having the issue. I'm not sure what could be causing this. The game will load right up until I select a household and will be loading endlessly. what to do?  Uh oh

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 22 Feb 2018, 20:00

I will be sounding like a broken record, but are you 1000% sure you DELETED all of your old "Game"-subfolders, before putting the new one (from the link above) in?

I also know that in rare cases, corrupted savefiles can cause the issue. So you could also go under Documents\Electronic Arts and temporarily rename "The Sims 4", into anything. Upon the next game start, you will start afresh with a new Sims family. See if it lets you load households then. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Feb 2018, 00:26

Yes I had deleted all of the game folders and it was not working. I went ahead and did as you mentioned and renamed the sims folder; after seeing that it was loading the household I moved and replaced my game saves and cc. thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Feb 2018, 18:18

Jessica_Revolver wrote:Yes I had deleted all of the game folders and it was not working. I went ahead and did as you mentioned and renamed the sims folder; after seeing that it was loading the household I moved and replaced my game saves and cc. thank you!

Maybe it was a cache file problem 'only', not necessarily about the savefiles themselves. Can we mark the topic as "solved", or did you have any other questions for the moment? I will also edit the guide about the endless loading screen issue shortly, to accommodate this possible trick as well. Thanks again for the feedback!

Awesome Emote
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Feb 2018, 19:33

Thank you for the help! You're my miracle worker Very Happy The game is running smoothly  Dedicated to Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Feb 2018, 18:32

Have fun with the game aaaand...you know where to find us, in case you needed more Support in the future, or if you wanted to just hang out.  Haters gonna hate Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top