Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues After installing Realm of Magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues After installing Realm of Magic Empty Issues After installing Realm of Magic

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2019, 03:32

Today I downloaded Moschino, Realm of Magic, and the new patch, in that order. My game was working before that, I made a new family and moved them in. Installed those three, and then started my game again. I noticed that Glimmerbrook wasn't loading, but I wasn't super concerned at the time (stupid, I know). I went back to the family I had just created in the island living world but both my sims were greyed out and when i hovered over them they said they were at home and my only options were care for self. I couldn't click on anything or make them do anything, and when I looked around their lot they're weren't anywhere to be found.

Basically, the game was acting as if I was on another lot and my sims were at their house, except neither of those things were true.

Back to top Go down

Issues After installing Realm of Magic Empty Re: Issues After installing Realm of Magic

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2019, 09:47

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. This will start the game fresh, you can move saves back later. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Issues After installing Realm of Magic Empty Re: Issues After installing Realm of Magic

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2019, 00:28

Hi, I moved the folder to the desktop, but when I went to start a new game my game just crashed (closed). Here are my results:
report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2019, 09:37

Woah, you messed up a lot. You can't skip ANY DLC when using G4TW releases. And you skipped two. And didn't even apply update 1.56.52.1020 properly because some files are missing.

First thing to do - cleanup. Delete "Game_" folder and all folders inside "GP03". Then delete those files:
data/client/resource.cfg.bak
data/simulation.rar
delta/ep01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/ep01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
game/bin/core/winhttp.dll
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.ini
game/bin/rldorigin_ext.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64_ext.dll

The fastest way to fix those missing files (and probably some corrupted ones) is to update your game using my repack. That will be 4.28 GB to download. If you want to install missing DLCs too (StrangerVille and Moschino Stuff) that will be additional 569.2 MB. So in total 4.83 GB to download and install, and your game will be perfect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019, 02:03

Aha! Thank you so much, I truly didn't think I had skipped anything so I'm not sure what happened but I'll definitely be more dilligent in the future. I think part of the issue is the last packs (Moschino, Magic, etc) appear to have taken up the rest of my hard drive space so I'll have to deal with that before I can update the game again.

I'll report back if I have any other issues with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top