Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck Empty Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2019, 13:44

Hello! I am really sorry if this was asked before but I was reading through forum thoroughly and haven't come across anyone who had similiar problem to mine.

Since my only option is to use direct download links (internet in dormitory), I opted out for Anadius' installer (and besides that, it is practical). I've used it plenty of times before and never came across this problem.

I have tried installing base game (+ gamefix + 2 parts of patches, as normal), and the installer is simply stuck! I did check the files with verifyxbin app because usually my installation would get cancelled with ''CRC mismatch'' or some kind of error. I simply redownloaded the base game, as it was only file showing corruption, and ever since the app showed me it is OK, attempting to install it gets stuck.

Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck Screen10

It hasn't moved from 3,1% of total nor 7,9% of component for quite a long time and it has been doing this seven times in row. I once left it to install  for  entire night only to find it stuck at numbers like these. I am left clueless as to what to do. If it matters, this laptop runs on Windows 7 Ultimate. Like I said, I never had any problems before with the installer and I have have used it successfully perhaps 2 months ago.

Back to top Go down

Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck Empty Re: Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2019, 14:41

Try everything from the troubleshooting.
Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck Troubl10

Edit: just to add something to it. The setup gets stuck at extracting "base-files.xbin". Tools used for extraction haven't changed in ages and neither did "base-files.xbin", so it's either corrupted download or something (like anti-virus) interfering with the installation.

Back to top Go down

Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck Empty Re: Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2019, 16:34

Indeed I rebooted my PC.

I verified the files and they all turned out OK prior to my last few attempts to install it.

I kept anti-virus program off for entirety of downloading base files and two parts of patches, as well as during the installation (and prior to it). 

I closed everything before installation so as I' d always restart/reboot my PC whenever I'd notice the installation get stuck and start from a fresh.

Upon seeing this post I did increase virtual RAM to be in correspondance with the one.

The only progress I got from doing all of these was the following:Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck Screen12
Anadius' The Sims 4 Installer Always Gets Stuck Screen11

I do not understand the neither the ''failed CRC check'' as base files turned out fine with verifyxbin, and I couldn't get ANY info whatsoever on these two errors, at least not the ones concerning The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2019, 17:39

"failed CRC check" means that the file got extracted but is corrupted. So something went wrong during extraction or something is wrong with your disk.

How much space do you have left on C? Can you try installing it to another partition? You can also try running the setup in compatibility mode or running Windows in safe mode. If any of this helps let me know which.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2019, 20:05

I was thinking it was the problem with storage as well when it said it couldn't write data to disk, and I tried both in C and D partition, but in the end used D partition as it had more free space. Error was still there nevertheless.

I did as you advised me, however - ran setup in compatible mode and opened it as administrator. And it indeed solved the issue! Thank you very much for your patience, I hope I didn't cost you a lot of it for this problem. I definitely wouldn't have it solved without you as the final solution was far simpler than I anticipated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top